||This article plagiarizes entire sections from reference no. 3. The original text in the first section is of poor English quality. The description of "sunny Monterrey" should not be here since there is a link to the Monterrey article.|
|Motto||Scientia et cultura pro homine|
|Rector||Act. Ángel Casán Marcos|
|Location||Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico,|
|Former names||Instituto Modelo de Enseñanza (1951-1969)|
|Colors||Green and Yellow|
The Universidad Regiomontana is an institution of higher education in Monterrey, México. This university has origin in the Instituto Modelo de Educación, this was converted in the UR by the Eduardo Elizondo (former governor of Nuevo León). In 1974 a group of entrepreneurs bought the university. These entrepreneurs were Rogelio Sada Zambrano, Bernardo Garza Sada, Eugenio Garza Lagüera, Andrés Marcelo Sada, Hernán Rocha, Jorge Garza, Alfonso Garza, Rodolfo Barrera, Manuel Llaguno, Humberto Lobo, Alberto Santos de Hoyos, and Alberto Fernández Ruiloba.
The UR system has a high school (Sixth Form) and a large number of different campuses centrally located in the metropolitan area of Monterrey. At the undergraduate level there are three interconnected campuses and offices Business Administration Aulas I (FACCEA), Humanities and Social Sciences Aulas II (FACHYCS) and Engineering and Architecture (FACIYA) Aulas III. There are 32 undergraduate degrees offered, 10 of which are engineering degrees. The Graduate School also offers Master's degrees in Business Administration, Administration of Industrial Process, Administration of Safety and Occupational Health, Communications, Business Law, Fiscal Law, Labor Law, Private Law, Education, Electronics and Controls, Tourism Management, and Logistics. A number of programs are also offered online.
The university offers a number of sports activities which have came with notable competition in sports such as Volleyball, Baseball, Soccer and Tae Kwon Do.
The university also offers a number of post-graduate degrees.
This university is the 3rd most important (private) college on this region competing directly with UDEM; now is developing an aggressive major reboot process where the entire system will consist of an expansion and transformation underneath its own structure and the regional community working out a new image and academic focus, with new programs, classrooms and foreign teachers who where invited by the new directive council headed by Ángel Casán Marcos
The university is a member of International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) and offers bilateral student exchange programs with other universities around the globe such as Germany, Liechtenstein, France, United States, Australia, Spain, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Saudi Arabia and others; soon to be opening an exchange program too with Ireland, United Kingdom, South Korea, Japan, and New Zealand.
- UR is located in Monterrey capital city of the northeastern estate of Nuevo León, known as La Ciudad de la Montañas, for being surrounded by the Sierra Madre Oriental mountains.
- UR has only 5,000 students which allows for more personal attention to each student.
Prestigious awards and rankings
- GATE certificated the virtual master program, the UR was the first university in Latin America to be certificated.
- FIMPES (Federation of Private Mexican Universities)
- ISO 9001-2000
- Certification for quality from the Consejo de Acreditación de la Enseñanza de la Ingeniería (CACEI).
- The department of Administración de Empresas Turísticas (Tourism Management) received accreditation of the Consejo Nacional para la Calidad de la Educación Turística (CONAET), the national council for quality in tourist education.
- Rodrigo Medina de la Cruz, Governor of Nuevo León
- José Carlos Lozano, Director of the Center of Investigation of the ITESM (Tec)
- Raúl López Palomino, consultant, businessman, and writer
- Mirthala Leal Escamilla, director of the infant rehabilitation center HOGA
- Laura Solano Martino, Director of Institutional Relations for FEMSA
- Felipe de Jesús Cantú Rodríguez, former mayor of Monterrey
- Rocío Heredia, metalsmith/visual artist
- Hernán Galindo, theatre director
- Diana Mirella Estrada, visual artist
- José Quintero, professional photographer
- Juan Carlos Pérez Góngora, member of Parliament
- Adal Ramones, actor, TV and theater producer
- Claudia Salinas, fashion model and actress
- "Nuestras universidades afiliadas: Universidad Regiomontana" (in Spanish). ANUIES. May 2000. Retrieved 2010-03-19.
- "Facultades". Ur.mx. Retrieved 2012-02-19.
- "Universidad Regiomontana Feature". ISEP. Retrieved 2012-02-19.
- Universidad Regiomontana
- Preparatoria UR, official website
- Expresión UR
- José Quintero, official website
- Rocío Heredia, official website