University of Houston System at Cinco Ranch
|University of Houston System at Cinco Ranch|
|Type||Multi-institution teaching center|
|Associate Vice-Chancellor||Richard Phillips|
|Location||Fort Bend County, Texas (USA)|
|Campus||Suburban, 10 acres (0.040 km2)|
|Former names||West Houston Institute|
|Affiliations||University of Houston System|
The University of Houston System at Cinco Ranch (UHSCR) is a multi-institution teaching center of the University of Houston System located near Katy, Texas in Fort Bend County. It was founded in 1980 as the West Houston Institute and was part of the University of Houston. The Institute offered night classes at Memorial High School and Westchester High School alternately. In 1982, it moved to its first permanent space in the Park 10 business park. It was renamed when it moved at its current location in 1989. In 2001, it was reorganized as a higher education "teaching center" offering classes from UH System universities.
The UH System at Cinco Ranch is designed to allow students who live in northern Fort Bend County and far western Harris County to take upper-division and graduate-level college courses from one of the constituent institutions of the University of Houston System. At the center, one can earn their bachelor's or master's degree in a variety of areas including history, English, or various fields of science or business.
The current campus has 20 classrooms, 2 computer labs, a virtual library, student lounge, and instructional television classrooms. It also offers campus wireless internet access for students' personal computers and a mobile computer lab. There is no bookstore on site–students are encouraged to visit the bookstore in Brazos Hall at the UHS Sugar Land campus.
On February 12, 2010, University of Houston–Downtown announced the consolidation of its distance programs at Lone Star College–University Park beginning Fall 2010. This move affected undergraduate Business and Interdisciplinary Studies programs offered at UHS Cinco Ranch. Currently, University of Houston–Victoria offers the business courses at Cinco Ranch. Students can now choose to take some or all of their classes at the Cinco Ranch or Sugar Land teaching centers.
The center has also forged a relationship with Houston Community College System Northwest College, Katy Campus, which allow students to seamlessly transfer their credits and continue their education.
- Accounting, B.B.A.
- Applied Arts and Sciences, B.A.A.S.
- Biology, B.S.
- Biology w/ Sec. Teacher Cert. in Science, B.S.
- Business Administration, M.B.A.
- Computer Information System, M.S.
- Computer Science – Information Systems, B.S.
- Computer Science w/ Sec. Teacher Cert. in Science, B.S.
- Finance, B.B.A.
- General Business, B.B.A.
- Humanities w/ Sec. Teacher Cert. in History, B.A.
- Interdisciplinary Studies - Early School Education w/Teacher Certification Early Childhood - Grade 6
- Interdisciplinary Studies - Middle School Education w/Teacher Certification - Grade 4 - Grade 8
- Interdisciplinary Studies, M.A.I.S.
- Management, B.B.A.
- Marketing, B.B.A.
- Nursing, M.S.N.
- Psychology, B.A./B.S.
- R.N.-B.S.N. Program
- Second Degree B.S.N. Program
- R.N. to M.S.N. Bridge
- V.O.I.C.E. - Victoria Online Initial Certification for Education (certificate
- Educational Management with Principal Certification, M.S.
- Instructional Technology, M.S.
- Instructional Technology (certificate)
- Software Engineering, M.S.
- English, B.A.
- History, B.A.
- Psychology, B.A./B.S.
- Counseling, M.Ed.
- Gifted and Talented, M.Ed.