Articles I am going to create
- Not sure what the title will be, but the last event described here is worth its own article.
- List of objects smuggled into space. This forum is a good starting point. This is a more frequent occurrence than I initially thought. Even the USSR got in on the action.
- Early aviators Eroll Boyd, John Wycliff Isemann, and Burr Leyson.
- Race suicide. A terrible concept that originated at the highest levels of society. I believe the term was coined by Madison Grant.
- Lee John Knoch, Northwest Institute of Literary Arts, and Santa Monica Police Department, all listed in requested articles.
- Adventures in the Wilderness: Or, Camp-life in the Adirondacks. A 19th century book that Smithsonian Magazine called "the Birthplace of the American Vacation". The author already has a short article, but the book deserves its own.
- Chess arbiter.
- Meridian Medical Technologies Inc..
- Victor Gregg.
- Trevor Lock (Police Constable).
- Lee Report on Dianetics and Scientology.
- Paris Bible.
- Trained Incapacity. A concept from Sociology that I am surprised does not have its own article yet.
- President's Commission on Law Enforcement and Administration of Justice. A mostly-forgotten commission with longterm impacts.
- Trans World Expedition and Piero Ciacchella
- Modes of carry for firearms. Another editor is writing this article but I'm contributing before it goes live.
Articles I have created
I am still active in updating most of these.
- Henry Roland. How could I not want to write about this guy?
- Victory Corps. Saw this photograph on Shorpy and wanted to learn more about the Corps.
- Frankenstuff hot dogs. I saw this on Wikipedia:Requested articles and couldn't resist writing it.
- Northwest Weather and Avalanche Center
- Long form journalism
- Navcam. NASA terminology.
- Domestic Mail Manual
- Permit reply mail. Taken from a suggestion at WikiProject United States.
- 2012 Tunnel Creek avalanche. I was deeply moved by this incredible piece in the New York Times so I wrote an article about it.
- Key demographic. This is the only article I've ever written from Wikipedia:Requested articles. It was an enjoyable experience, so I'm looking for more opportunities there.
- The long tailpipe
- The Giving of Orders
- The Study of Administration
- Public Service Motivation
- Public sector comparator
- Dwell time (military)
- King Pharmaceuticals
- USS Recruit (1917). I saw a picture on Shorpy and was motivated to learn more.
- Klingle Road
- Emergency medical services in South Africa
- Zero Hour: America's Medic
I spend much of my on-Wiki time fighting vandalism using Stiki and rollback. I always assume good faith unless I see multiple edits that are clearly vandalizing in a short period of time. It's easy to mistake over-eager inexperienced editors with a vandals, and if their energy can be focused they can become productive editors.
Wiki birth and death
I am a contributor at Articles for Creation, Articles for Deletion, and New Page Patrol, all of which are rewarding and often backlogged.
Don't take these too seriously.