Editor here since 2003. I have a volunteer position as project leader of Wikimedia UK's move into distance education based on Moodle. Also a compulsory position as great-uncle to the Cambridge University Wikipedia Society.
- Item creator
- mix'n'match tool
- Venn on Internet archive: https://archive.org/details/alumnicantabrigipt1vol1univiala, https://archive.org/details/p1alumnicantabri04univuoft, http://archive.org/stream/p2alumnicantabri03univuoft
- CLAIM[21:6581072] AND CLAIM checks for females in the ODNB.
- CLAIM AND NOCLAIM[21:6581097] AND NOCLAIM[21:6581072] checks for ODNB entries marked neither M nor F.
- CLAIM AND CLAIM for ODNB and image.
List of English and Welsh endowed schools (19th century) is a vehicle for the early history of grammar schools, an area that keeps coming up.
- Enc. Met. 2nd edition http://archive.org/stream/encyclopdiametr00unkngoog#page/n7/mode/2up
- Railway Times http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=0RhCAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA363
- Wikidata terminator tool
Main userspace areas
- /New page area
- /Drafting area
- /Listings area: these are miscellaneous working lists - ask me on my user talk if you ever need to know more.
- /DNB area: the old Dictionary of National Biography is an immense resource for adding 'missing articles'. We are now about 75% complete with it. Here at Wikipedia:WikiProject Dictionary of National Biography and also on Wikisource (s:User:Charles Matthews, s:Wikisource:WikiProject DNB). Some idea of progress can be seen at User:Magnus Manske/dnb ws no wp, a listing of DNB articles on WS not linked to a WP article.
- /Your Paintings area: major project to connect the DNB to the BBC Your Paintings website. /Watercolours and /Wood engravers are listings to try to find other relevant artists.
- /Selected. I largely write historical biographies these days. This list is of a relatively small number of more general articles.
- /Resources area
Meetups in Cambridge
- Wikipedia:Meetup/Cambridge 25 will take place on 24 January. Official page at m:Meetup/Cambridge/25.
I signed up with the 'systemic bias' project here; it still seems likely, years later, that systemic bias will be a long term issue for WP. These days I mostly interpret the commitment as going to work in any unpopular area.
... the "official mind", dour and consistent as it generally was in each small thing, lacked a similar consistency in larger matters, (or, indeed, in attempting to generate policies applicable to a multitude of small things).
TUSC token: 721bca066b89645bd39b46b5ef7e72d2
TUSC token: 721bca066b89645bd39b46b5ef7e72d2 Charles Matthews (talk) 07:26, 1 September 2014