User:Eugen Simion 14
Leg 12 (United Kingdom → United States)
Airdate: May 18, 2014
- London (London Heathrow Airport) to Las Vegas, Nevada, USA (McCarran International Airport)
- North Las Vegas (Desert)
- Las Vegas (MGM Grand Las Vegas)
- Las Vegas (Neon Museum Boneyard)
- Las Vegas (The Mirage)
- Henderson (Maverick Helicopters)
- Las Vegas (Las Vegas Motor Speedway)
In the first roadblock of the Leg, one team member was handcuffed and placed into a wooden box, which was lit on fire. They had to use the keys they previously dug up to unlock the handcuffs and escape the box. In the second roadblock, teams had to take a helicopter, fly over The Strip, find the sign displaying their drop zone (the Las Vegas Motor Speedway), relay that to their pilot and parachute into the Speedway.
- Additional tasks
- After landing in Las Vegas, teams were chauffeured by a driver in one of three Ford Explorers into the desert. They had to dig for a hidden box filled with keys which they would need for the first Roadblock with David Copperfield.
- At the "Boneyard" of the Las Vegas Neon Museum, teams had to take a lightbulb from a silver and red question mark sign and take it to The Mirage.
- At The Mirage, teams replaced the lightbulbs in the letter "i" in "Mirage". Once the bulbs were lit and they could correctly tell the employees how many bulbs it took (241), they could proceed.
- The NASA probe MAVEN enters orbit around Mars to study the planet's atmosphere.
- The National Party, led by John Key (pictured), win a majority in the New Zealand general election.
- Scotland votes against independence from the United Kingdom.
- In cycling, Jens Voigt sets a new hour record, riding more than 51 kilometres (31.7 mi) in an hour.
- The FijiFirst Party, led by Frank Bainimarama, win a majority in the Fijian general election.
- The Social Democrats, led by Stefan Löfven, win a plurality in the Swedish general election.
10+ Romanian deaths since 2000
|2013-09-08||Valea Lupului, Iași||Accident la nivel cu calea ferată||11|
|2013-06-23||lângă Mănăstirea Morača||Accident de autocar||18|
|2011-10-30||între Szeged și Makó||Accident rutier microbuz||14|
|2010-07-05||Tuzla, Constanța||Accident aviatic||12|
|2009-08-14||Scânteia, Iași||Accident la nivel cu calea ferată||14|
|2008-11-15||Petrila||Explozie în mină||13|
|2004-05-24||Mihailesti, Buzau||Explozie camion cu azotat de amoniu||18|
|2001-08-07||Vulcan, Hunedoara||Explozie în mină||13|
no natural disasters like floods
Iancu Paul (24 October 1955 – 8 December 2013), age 58.
15 June 1996 — 24 July 1997 — 21 June 2000 — 6 August 2000 — 20? August 2000 — 1 December 2003 — 9? August 2005 — 25 November 2010 (m) — 3 April 2014
- "The Amazing Race: All-Stars Episode Guide 2014 Season 24 - The Amazing Race: All-Stars, Episode 12". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2014-04-24.