User:Eugen Simion 14
Leg 10 (Argentina → United States → Australia)
Airdate: 25 September 2014 (AU); 7 October 2014 (NZ)
- Buenos Aires (Ministro Pistarini International Airport) to Los Angeles, California, United States (Los Angeles International Airport)
- Los Angeles (Hollywood Boulevard – Hollywood Walk of Fame)
- Los Angeles (Pink's Hot Dogs)
- Los Angeles (Los Angeles International Airport) to Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (Melbourne Airport)
- Moorabbin (Moorabbin Airport)
- Apollo Bay (Great Otway National Park – Otway Range)
- Port Campbell (Port Campbell National Park – Twelve Apostles)
- Port Campbell (Port Campbell National Park – Loch Ard Gorge)
In the final Roadblock of the race, one team member have to match an item above the barrel associated with each pit stop greeters visited the race and must all of the items are place in correct order. After finishing the Roadblock, teams were allowed to run to the finish line above the gorge.
- Additional tasks
- At the Hollywood Walk of Fame, teams had to get a photo with 3 movie character that were portrayed by Australian born actors. Then teams had to check the photos at Rob's photo shop. If the photos are correct they will be given their next clue.
- At Pink's Hot Dogs, teams had to eat a traditional Pink's hot dog in order to get their next clue.
- On the flight to Melbourne, teams had to name the locations on the Virgin Australia's route map. The best performing team on this task won a special prize.
- At the Great Otway National Park, teams had to find their next clue on the site.
- After finding their clue at the Great Otway National Park, teams had to begin a "Air, Land & Sea" task. For the air element, teams had to search from their helicopter for something of interest (a boat on the land with the word "Loch" on it). If they found this word, they would be set down and must go to a dock to find a fisherman, who will give them their next clue and an item to be used later.
- After finishing the second task, teams continued the "Air, Land & Sea" task by finding their second item in a large sandcastle, then teams had to paddle out to collect their third item.
- After the "Air, Land & Sea" task, teams had to figure out the next location based on the items they found, and refers to Loch Ard Gorge.
- Additional note
- For the flight between L.A and Melbourne, all teams were given a free upgrade to Virgin Australia's business class.
- Beji Caid Essebsi (pictured) wins the Tunisian presidential election.
- India's Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mk III successfully completes its first flight, carrying the crew vehicle demonstrator CARE.
- U.S. aid worker Alan Gross and three members of the Cuban Five are released by Cuba and the United States, respectively, as both nations move to resume diplomatic relations.
- In an effort to curtail the rapid decline of the ruble, the Central Bank of Russia raises interest rates to 17%.
- At least 141 people are killed as Taliban gunmen storm a school in Peshawar, Pakistan.
10+ Romanian deaths since 2000
|2013-09-08||Valea Lupului, Iași||Accident la nivel cu calea ferată||11|
|2013-06-23||lângă Mănăstirea Morača||Accident de autocar||18|
|2011-10-30||între Szeged și Makó||Accident rutier microbuz||14|
|2010-07-05||Tuzla, Constanța||Accident aviatic||12|
|2009-08-14||Scânteia, Iași||Accident la nivel cu calea ferată||14|
|2008-11-15||Petrila||Explozie în mină||13|
|2004-05-24||Mihailesti, Buzau||Explozie camion cu azotat de amoniu||18|
|2001-08-07||Vulcan, Hunedoara||Explozie în mină||13|
no natural disasters like floods
Iancu Paul (24 October 1955 – 8 December 2013), age 58.
Constantin Gheorghe (26 January 1929 – 14 October 2014), age 85
Nicuşor (6 December 1998 – 17 November 2014), age 15
15 June 1996 — 24 July 1997 — 21 June 2000 — 6 August 2000 — 20? August 2000 — 1 December 2003 — 9? August 2005 — 25 November 2010 (m) — 3 April 2014