I teach (since 1996), study (since 1994), now I am a graduate student, and do Generally Strange Things at the Tampere University of Technology (tut.fi). As of 2007, I'm pursuing my Ph.D in computer science. Also I work for a semiconductor company.
My main interests in the field of computer science include:
- Microprocessor design
- Microcomputer system design
- Making things work in the Real World
- Intermediate languages, cross-compilers and platforms
- Machines understanding Machines
- Kernels, concurrent programming and operating systems
- Microcontroller systems
- Data communication
- Industrial data communication (field buses)
... though I think the really important things in life lie somewhere completely else than in computer science.