I have now, for the most part, ceased to edit actively on Wikipedia and in that sense I have semi-retired. I will pop in from time to time to check on my watchlist and talkpage but I won't be editing in the true sense of the word. During my time on Wikipedia I have spent the vast majority of my time in the Military History and association football related articles. I have been a Coordinator for the military history project for about three years and I didn't put myself forward for re-election in September 2011.
I am an administrator here on wikipedia, which means that I have some extra tools to help with the mopping. I am open to recall as an administrator. For the process to be followed, please see my accountability page. I am the owner of the global username Woody so I am Woody on meta. I am not Woody on 4 of the foreign language Wikipedias due to renaming/usurping issues. I have created a subpage to show my current usernames: SUL subpage. On other projects where I cannot be usurped, I also use the name Woodym555 (talk · contribs) which I used to edit under here.
- Special:RecentChangesLinked/Template:Aston Villa F.C.
- Special:RecentChangesLinked/Template:Aston Villa F.C. squad
- Special:RecentChangesLinked/Template:Victoria Cross recipients
All of the content that I have had featured as well as a list of articles that I have created, can be found by going to User:Woody/Articles. I have added a number of images to Commons, they can be found over at Commons.
I am also involved in maintaining and developing the vast series of Victoria Cross related articles (see Victoria Cross (disambiguation) and List of Victoria Cross recipients for info.) The medals are a Featured Topic. These include:
- Victoria Cross (TFA, 9 April 2008)
- Victoria Cross for Australia (TFA, 7 November 2009
- Victoria Cross for New Zealand (TFA, 12 May 2009)
- Victoria Cross (Canada) (TFA, 25 May 2010)
- Category:Recipients of the Victoria Cross and all of its subcategories.
- By campaign
- List of Victoria Cross recipients by campaign
- List of Crimean War Victoria Cross recipients
- List of Indian Mutiny Victoria Cross recipients
- List of New Zealand Land Wars Victoria Cross recipients
- List of Zulu War Victoria Cross recipients
- List of Second Afghan War Victoria Cross recipients
- List of Second Boer War Victoria Cross recipients
- List of First World War Victoria Cross recipients
- List of Second World War Victoria Cross recipients
- FFL List of Victoria Cross recipients by nationality
- List of Australian Victoria Cross recipients
- List of Canadian Victoria Cross recipients
- List of English Victoria Cross recipients
- List of Irish Victoria Cross recipients
- List of Scottish Victoria Cross recipients
- List of Victoria Cross recipients of uncertain nationality
- By unit
I also create some Royal Navy articles such as ships or bios. I generally aim to take the articles up to GA, A-Class or FA status. There are some articles that in my opinion are of great importance so I will do my best to help them up to FA standard. These articles are in general about military history and naval history in particular e.g.
- History of the Royal Navy
- Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson
- Andrew Cunningham, 1st Viscount Cunningham of Hyndhope (TFA, 28 November 2007)
To help achieve this I am a proud member of the Military History project and the Biography project military taskforce.
I watch and contribute when I can to Aston Villa F.C. related articles. There seem to be quite a few nowadays. Everlast1910 and myself collaborated on the majority of articles, and the featured topic of Aston Villa F.C. was the result. Listed below are the results of our collaboration:
- Aston Villa F.C.
- History of Aston Villa F.C. (1874-1961)
- History of Aston Villa F.C. (1961–present)
- Villa Park
- List of Aston Villa F.C. players
- List of Aston Villa F.C. managers
- Aston Villa F.C. seasons
- Aston Villa F.C. statistics and records
|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at