I've taken the unusual step of moving this talk page to the user namespace as a preemptive defense against any future "archiving" by doomed-to-failure WMF software project "Flow". I am fundamentally opposed to Flow, on the basis of its origin in a dysfunctional organization committed to hiring bargain basement-grade software engineers and then forcing their poor-quality efforts on the community of Wikipedia editors. I grant permission to any editor to take any means necessary to prevent "Flow" from being applied here.
- Will miss your good judgement and steady hand. Hope you get your gumption back and rejoin the community someday soon. BusterD (talk) 13:44, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
- It's hard to see how this helps anything. Best, —Tim /// Carrite (talk) 02:41, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
- May you find something worthy of your time. —Neotarf (talk) 07:42, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
- Wishing you all the best. — Fylbecatulous talk 16:32, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
- Scott, have you looked in to whether you currently hold the record for longest active user who has gone in to retirement? 12 active years now? That's hard to beat. But I'm going to try. I'll post back to this page in 11 years, 8 months to inform you of your unseating and my impending retirement. In any case, much respect due. -wʃʃʍ- 05:58, 25 August 2014 (UTC)
- I only wanted to ask a question about family trees and see if you could advise me on the best course of action. Of course, I understand if you don't feel inclined to answer it, but I hope you will take a moment to do so, here or on my own talk page.
- First, again, thank you for your past work with family trees on Wikipedia. It helped me just by seeing it and emulating it on other articles. I was curious what you think should be done when two lines in a tree intersect and the hierarchy of one line is far lengthier than the other. See Template:Liloa/Piilani/Moana Family Tree where the descendant of Hakau has a far lengthier line than the figure's brother. Kaleiheana (w) (The (w) stands for wahine, which is Hawaiian for female) is the descendant. The source is provided next to the name. # 4 indicates that the female has a direct lineage from the Hakau, who was the brother of Umi-a-Liloa and that said female/wahine married a figure (Keakealanikane) who is directly descended from Umi. The two brothers and their father were very important figures in Hawaiian history and I think the lines are important enough to show in the tree. But the best I can come up with is to add all of the lines that don't fit properly into the tree with a single box crammed with everyone that doesn't fit. The differing lengths of lines appear to be due to the head start Hakua got from being much older, possible an adult already when Umi was born. It is also possible that because of Hakau's death, that line was no longer controlled by restrictions placed on the nobility (ali'i) in regards to marriage and children. Umi's first born became next ruler and his first born etc.. So, I am at a stand still on that for the moment. Hope you feel inclined to give me some advise...and I also hope that your'll return to Wikipedia some day in full. Thanks.--Mark Miller (talk) 22:25, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
Media Viewer RfC arbitration case - motion to suspend case
You are receiving this message as you have either commented on a case page or are named as a party to the case. A motion has been proposed to suspend the Media Viewer RfC arbitration case for a maximum of 60 days due to recent developments. If you wish to comment regarding the motion there is a section on the proposed decision talk page for this. For the Arbitration Committee, Callanecc (talk • contribs • logs). Message delivered by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) at 02:33, 25 August 2014 (UTC)
Invitation to join the Ten Year Society
I'd like to extend a cordial invitation to you to join the Ten Year Society, an informal group for editors who've been participating in the Wikipedia project for ten years or more. Thank you very much for your service, and I hope that you'll be proud to display the badge for the Society on your user page, even if you're not planning to edit any more.
- Looks to me like he's already joined it - he's got the category on his userpage. Λυδαcιτγ 06:11, 30 August 2014 (UTC)
Please comment on Wikipedia:Village pump (proposals) Media Viewer RfC
MfD nomination of Wikipedia:List of banned users/Banned by the Arbitration Committee
Wikipedia:List of banned users/Banned by the Arbitration Committee, a page you substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; please participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Wikipedia:List of banned users/Banned by the Arbitration Committee and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of Wikipedia:List of banned users/Banned by the Arbitration Committee during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. --Demiurge1000 (talk) 22:07, 14 October 2014 (UTC)