I may not always respond as swiftly as you would like to queries, so thank you for your patience.
Leave a new message
Generally, I'll reply here if you post here, so please watch this page if you want to see my reply. If I don't reply within a couple days on another page where you replied to one of my comments, feel free to drop a message here. Thanks! ···日本穣
Orphaned non-free media
Thanks for uploading File:Weekly Young Sunday 2006 no.36-37 cover.jpg. The media description page currently specifies that it is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, it is currently orphaned, meaning that it is not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the media was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that will be useful. However, please note that media for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
If you have uploaded other unlicensed media, please check whether they're used in any articles or not. You can find a list of 'file' pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "File" from the dropdown box. Note that all non-free media not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. Werieth (talk) 14:32, 5 September 2013 (UTC)
WikiProject Military history coordinator election
Greetings from WikiProject Military history! As a member of the project, you are invited to take part in our annual project coordinator election, which will determine our coordinators for the next twelve months. If you wish to cast a vote, please do so on the election page by 23:59 (UTC) on 28 September! Kirill [talk] 17:08, 16 September 2013 (UTC)
Japanese video games
The debate over whether or not to include hepburn is being rehashed since someone discovered a trademarked title was different than a literal translation and things went off on a tangent. It's at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Video games/Article guidelines#"Translations" of Japanese titles if you wish to comment.—Ryulong (琉竜) 19:10, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
FYI (at the bottom), and best regards. This is C o l t o n C o s m i c. 9:32 AM, EST. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:34, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
A discussion is taking place as to whether the article Utah Speculative Fiction Council
is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines
or whether it should be deleted
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Utah Speculative Fiction Council until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. GrapedApe (talk) 22:53, 20 October 2013 (UTC)
Books and Bytes: The Wikipedia Library Newsletter
Books and Bytes
Volume 1, Issue 1, October 2013
by The Interior (talk · contribs), Ocaasi (talk · contribs)
Greetings Wikipedia Library members! Welcome to the inaugural edition of Books and Bytes, TWL’s monthly newsletter. We're sending you the first edition of this opt-in newsletter, because you signed up, or applied for a free research account: HighBeam, Credo, Questia, JSTOR, or Cochrane. To receive future updates of Books and Bytes, please add your name to the subscriber's list. There's lots of news this month for the Wikipedia Library, including new accounts, upcoming events, and new ways to get involved...
New positions: Sign up to be a Wikipedia Visiting Scholar, or a Volunteer Wikipedia Librarian
Wikipedia Loves Libraries: Off to a roaring start this fall in the United States: 29 events are planned or have been hosted.
New subscription donations: Cochrane round 2; HighBeam round 8; Questia round 4... Can we partner with NY Times and Lexis-Nexis??
New ideas: OCLC innovations in the works; VisualEditor Reference Dialog Workshop; a photo contest idea emerges
News from the library world: Wikipedian joins the National Archives full time; the Getty Museum releases 4,500 images; CERN goes CC-BY
Announcing WikiProject Open: WikiProject Open kicked off in October, with several brainstorming and co-working sessions
New ways to get involved: Visiting scholar requirements; subject guides; room for library expansion and exploration
Read the full newsletter
Thanks for reading! All future newsletters will be opt-in only. Have an item for the next issue? Leave a note for the editor on the Suggestions page. --The Interior 21:49, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
Places I want to visit... Is India on list anytime soon? Sohambanerjee1998 19:46, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- Nope, but I'm not planning on visiting anywhere anytime soon. I am interested in seeing India at some point, however. I like some Hindi music. ···日本穣? · 投稿 · Talk to Nihonjoe · Join WP Japan! 20:36, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
- What kind of hindi music, bollywood? Sohambanerjee1998 17:06, 23 November 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, some of both. ···日本穣? · 投稿 · Talk to Nihonjoe · Join WP Japan! 22:25, 23 November 2013 (UTC)
Disputed non-free use rationale for File:Kinema Junpo 1166.jpg
Thank you for uploading File:Kinema Junpo 1166.jpg. However, there is a concern that the rationale provided for using this file on Wikipedia may not meet the criteria required by Wikipedia:Non-free content. This can be corrected by going to the file description page and adding or clarifying the reason why the file qualifies under this policy. Adding and completing one of the templates available from Wikipedia:Non-free use rationale guideline is an easy way to ensure that your file is in compliance with Wikipedia policy. Please be aware that a non-free use rationale is not the same as an image copyright tag; descriptions for files used under the non-free content policy require both a copyright tag and a non-free use rationale.
If it is determined that the file does not qualify under the non-free content policy, it might be deleted by an administrator within a few days in accordance with our criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions, please ask them at the media copyright questions page. Thank you. Tatewaki (talk) 04:02, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
- There was no concern for the rationale as it was perfectly acceptable. However, I've cut right to the chase and replaced the usage in the article with the new one you uploaded and deleted this file. ···日本穣? · 投稿 · Talk to Nihonjoe · Join WP Japan! 05:45, 11 November 2013 (UTC)
- I am sorry if I sounded blaming (I am sure previous image was uploaded with good intention and was rationalized to the best of knowledge at that time) and thank you for fast action. However, I also have to mention that, as much as I remember, "available" in Wikipedia rules does not mean only "being available online or directly where FU image uploader lives", and it's very reasonable to assume that early numbers on Kinejun are and were available at least in some public libraries of Japan (so users from Japan could copy/scan them; even aside of them - e.g. University of Wisconsin in US seems to have No.62 and 77 - with 3 issues per month both should be of year 1921, thus also long in PD).Tatewaki (talk) 16:51, 11 November 2013 (UTC)
- That may be, but if no one who knows that makes one available, then it's perfectly acceptable to use a non-free image until then. ···日本穣? · 投稿 · Talk to Nihonjoe · Join WP Japan! 04:54, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
Why did you delete the Wikipedia page 'Jacqueline Lovell' on Oct 31, 2006? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:08, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
- Because it met "Wikipedia's criteria for speedy deletion as an article about a real person that [did] not credibly indicate the importance or significance of the subject." It was tagged for speedy deletion. Why does it matter 7 years later? If you have reliable sources supporting creation of a new version of the article, feel free to do so. ···日本穣? · 投稿 · Talk to Nihonjoe · Join WP Japan! 05:44, 11 November 2013 (UTC)
The Wikipedia Library Survey
As a subscriber to one of The Wikipedia Library's programs, we'd like to hear your thoughts about future donations and project activities in this brief survey. Thanks and cheers, Ocaasi t | c 15:52, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
Sock Puppetry is not true. It is a typical harassment from a user who was upset because I challenged the VAS definition page he created. Any community member from my vibroacoustic therapy can come and post and show their support - because wiki admins and editiors irritated our members and our profession (by name calling (oxymoronic, troll, snake oil, spammer etc) and constantly deleted my article even after I posted it with many references/sources). See the list of references and sources provided on my user talk page. I only have a single account on my name - I cannot answer for others posting or supporting me. Many vibroacoustic therapists will support their profession and contribute to the article with references - case studies etc. That is not meta puppetry. Cyrinus (talk) 20:19, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
- I am not the one you need to convince as I have nothing to do with that investigation. Please make any arguments on the case page (I already sent you the link, and you already posted there, too). Also, your actions here are unlikely to help your case. Please keep all comments at Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/Cyrinus. ···日本穣? · 投稿 · Talk to Nihonjoe · Join WP Japan! 20:24, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
Prometheus portal discussion
Hi! See Wikipedia:Village_pump_(proposals)#What_portals_are_appropriate_at_Prometheus_.282012_film.29.3F WhisperToMe (talk) 01:44, 29 December 2013 (UTC)
Nanshu is disrupting and has written a 12k essay on the talk page as to why I'm terrible for having written up the "how to deal with the Ainu and Ryukyuan languages" section. He wants a third opinion, but I feel he's just going to disappear in a few days like he did last time I called him out.—Ryūlóng (琉竜) 17:48, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
- Please follow the guidance found on WP:DISPUTE. ···日本穣? · 投稿 · Talk to Nihonjoe · Join WP Japan! 08:10, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
Wikipedia talk:Editor review#RfC: Should we mark WP:ER as historical?
You are invited to join the discussion at Wikipedia talk:Editor review#RfC: Should we mark WP:ER as historical?. As you participated in Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Wikipedia:Editor review (2nd nomination) last year, you may be interested in the current RfC discussing closing and marking ER as historical. —/Mendaliv/2¢/Δ's/ 02:53, 3 March 2014 (UTC)