From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vedic religion may refer to:
- the historical Vedic religion, Vedic Hinduism (practices dating to the Vedic period)
- Vedic mythology, refers to the mythological aspects of the historical Vedic religion and Vedic literature, most notably alluded to in the hymns of the Rigveda
- Shrauta, surviving conservative traditions within Hinduism
In wider meanings of the term "Vedic"
- Vedanta, originally a word used in Hindu philosophy as a synonym for that part of the Veda texts also known as the Upanishads
- Hinduism in general
- Indian religions, the religions that originated in the Indian subcontinent; namely Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism
- History of Hinduism, a term for a wide variety of related religious traditions native to India
- Proto-Indo-Iranian religion, means the religion of the Indo-Iranian peoples prior to the earliest Vedic (Indo-Aryan) and Zoroastrian (Iranian) scriptures
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
the vedic religion is practiced on india and its name is derivated from veda that meaans knowledge or the action of knowing something