|City of license||Bluefield, Virginia|
|Broadcast area||Bluefield, Virginia
Bluefield, West Virginia
|First air date||June 17, 1981(license)|
|Power||10,000 watts (daytime only)|
|Class||D daytime only|
|Callsign meaning||Buddy (former branding)|
|Former callsigns||WBDY (1997–deletion)
|Affiliations||Fox Sports Radio|
|Owner||Triad Broadcasting Company, LLC
(Monterey Licenses, LLC)
|Sister stations||WHAJ, WHIS, WHKX, WHQX, WKEZ, WKOY, WKQY, WTZE|
WBDY was an AM daytimer station on 1190 kHz at Bluefield, Virginia. WBDY's last format was sports talk. At the time it went silent, it was owned by Triad Broadcasting, which Adventure Communications' stations had merged into earlier.
WBDY went silent on 1 February 2009 for financial reasons, and notified the Federal Communications Commission on 1 March 2009. Triad asked for an extension of authority to remain silent in September 2009, and received authority in December 2009.
- At time of shutdown
- "Application Search Details - File BP-21037". Federal Communications Commission. 1980-02-19. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- "WBDY-AM 1190 kHz". Radio-Locator. Somerville, Massachusetts: Theodric Technologies LLC. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- "Application Search Details - File BL-19801104AC". Federal Communications Commission. 1981-07-01. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- "Call Sign History: Facility ID Number 6003". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2010-02-14. The list showed both WBDY and WCBV as occurring on 1985-09-16, with WCBV being the earlier-sorted callsign.
- Snowdon, H. Taft (2009-03-18). "In Re: WBDY(AM), Bluefield, WV". Audio Division, Media Bureau, Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- Bowman, William (2009-09-09). "Request to Extend STA (BLESTA-20090910AAD, Application 101332916)". Federal Communications Commission. "The financial status of the station remains status quo as no longer financially viable. Reinstating operation of the station during current economic conditions would have a negative financial impact on the licensee. A granted extension would allow additional time for economic recovery."
- Snowdon, H. Taft (2009-12-17). "In Re: WBDY(AM), Bluefield, WV". Audio Division, Media Bureau, Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- Holland, Brendan (2010-02-01). "Surrender of AM Station License FCC File No. BL-19801104AC WBDY(AM), Bluefield, Virginia (FIN-6003)". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2010-02-14. Found via Correspondence for FCC file number BL-19801104AC.
- Station Search Details on the Federal Communications Commission website
- Radio-Locator Information on WBDY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WBDY