|City of license||Chicago Heights, Illinois|
|Branding||Access Radio Chicago|
|First air date||August 15, 1963 (WMPP)|
|Sister stations||WAIT, WCFJ, WNDZ|
WCFJ (1470 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a brokered programming format. Licensed to Chicago Heights, Illinois, USA, it serves the Chicago area. The station is currently owned by Newsweb Corporation. Prior to WCFJ, the call letters were WMPP.
WMPP began broadcasting on August 15, 1963. The first African-American owned radio station in the Chicago area, it was owned by Seaway Broadcasting Company. The company was run by Chicago businessmen William Martin and Charles Pickard. The call letters stood for Working (for) More People's Progress.
- "Chicago Radio Timeline". Zecom Communications. Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- Hayes, Bernie J., ed. (2005). Death Of Black Radio. iUniverse. p. 171. ISBN 0-595-35463-7. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
Veronica Williams former Gospel Program Director
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WCFJ
- Radio-Locator Information on WCFJ
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WCFJ
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|