|City of license||AM: Elkhart, Indiana
FM: Niles, Michigan
|Broadcast area||South Bend, Indiana|
|Branding||AM: Truth Radio 1340
FM: News Talk 95.3 MNC
|Slogan||Michiana's News Channel|
|Frequency||AM: 1340 kHz
FM: 95.3 MHz
|Power||AM: 1,000 watts unlimited|
|ERP||FM: 5,500 watts|
|HAAT||FM: 84 meters|
|Facility ID||AM: 51728
|Callsign meaning||Truth Radio Corporation|
|Former callsigns||FM: WAOR, WNIL-FM|
|Affiliations||Fox News Radio, Regional Radio Sports Network|
(Pathfinder Communications Corporation)
|Sister stations||WAOR, WBYT, WNIL, WRBR-FM|
|Webcast||AM: Listen Live
FM: Listen Live
WTRC (1340 AM; "Truth Radio 1340") and WTRC-FM (95.3 FM; "News Talk 95.3 MNC") are radio stations broadcasting a news/talk format. WTRC broadcasts from Elkhart, Indiana, and WTRC-FM broadcasts from Niles, Michigan. WTRC is owned by Federated Media. The two stations offer separate morning programs (with WTRC focusing on Elkhart and WTRC-FM focusing on South Bend; they jointly broadcast syndicated programming, including Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. WTRC is also a Fox News Radio affiliate. In programming and on-air presentation, the stations take closely after Federated's news/talk station in Fort Wayne, WOWO.
Prior to switching to a news/talk format on May 10, 2010, WTRC briefly aired an oldies/classic rock format as "Hippie Radio 1340", and featured programing from Citadel Media and Dial Global. Before becoming "Hippie Radio 1340" in August 2009, WTRC had a similar news/talk format as "News Radio 1340". On May 5, 2014, WTRC split from the simulcast of WTRC-FM and returned to focusing on Elkhart through a partnership with sister newspaper The Elkhart Truth (from which the "Truth Radio 1340" branding is derived), including a separate morning show; the two stations continue to jointly broadcast most other programming.
Before adopting the current format 95.3 FM had a classic rock format as WAOR. Following the change in formats WAOR moved, along with the classic rock format, up the dial to 95.7 FM. 95.3 first began broadcasting as WNIL-FM. The station also simulcasts Penn High School football from the Regional Radio Sports Network.
- King, Marshall V. (April 29, 2014). "Coming soon: Truth Radio 1340 is launching on Monday". The Elkhart Truth. Retrieved May 14, 2014.
- Meenan, Jim (April 14, 2010). "Michiana radio stations to see talk shows, program formats shifting". South Bend Tribune. Retrieved April 16, 2010.
- WTRC tunes in to music ETruth.com August 15, 2009. Accessed May 14, 2010
- Local radio to see changes Meenan, Jim. South Bend Tribune. April 15, 2010. Accessed May 14, 2010
- FM-DX QSL/Veries Accessed May 14, 2010
- Official WTRC website
- Official WTRC-FM website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WTRC
- Radio-Locator Information on WTRC
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WTRC
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WTRC
- Radio-Locator information on WTRC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WTRC
|This article about a radio station in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|