Walnut Grove, Georgia
|Walnut Grove, Georgia|
Location in Walton County and the state of Georgia
|• Total||1.5 sq mi (3.9 km2)|
|• Land||1.5 sq mi (3.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||922 ft (281 m)|
|• Density||827.3/sq mi (318.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0333357|
Walnut Grove is located at (33.745470, -83.857319).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.5 square miles (3.9 km²), all of it land.
According to the 2010 US census, there were 1,330 people, 466 households, and 364 families residing in Walnut Grove. The racial makeup of the town was 92.2% White, 6.7% African American, 1.2% Asian, and 2.9% from other races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.5% of the population.
Out of the 466 households, 48.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.4% were married couples living together, 13.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 21.9% were non-families. 17.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.85 and the average family size was 3.24.
Of the population of Walnut Grove, 31.1% were under the age of 18 and 8.6% were 65 years or older. The median age was 35.7 years.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau's 2013 American Community Survey, the estimated median income for a household in Walnut Grove was $50,769 with a margin of error of +/-$9,264. The estimated median home value was $129,800.
- Walnut Grove Elementary School
- Walnut Grove High School
- Barbecue Bob (blues musician, 1902–1931)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 US Census". factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved April 15, 2015.