From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Watchtower is a type of fortification, the term may also refer to:
Buildings and structures
- Observation tower, a stand alone structure used to view events from a long distance and to create a full 360 degree range of vision
- Lookout tower, a tower usually located at a high vantage point see any trace of fire and call for fire suppression
- Watchtower, a progressive metal band
- "All Along the Watchtower", a song written and originally recorded by Bob Dylan that has been performed by Jimi Hendrix, Dave Matthews Band, and others
- "Watchtower", a 2012 song by Devlin
- Watchtower magic was originally part of the system of Enochian Magic but later came to be associated with the Golden Dawn and the ritual workings within Wicca
- The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, a publishing company of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Arts and entertainment
- Watchtower, a World Fantasy Award-winning novel by Elizabeth A. Lynn
- Justice League Watchtower, the name of various headquarters of the fictional superhero team "Justice League"
- Watchtower, the codename of the character Chloe Sullivan in the TV series Smallville, or the room that serves as her headquarters
Guadalcanal Campaign, codenamed Operation Watchtower, a military campaign fought between 7 August 1942 and 9 February 1943
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.