February 19, 1965 |
Brooklyn, New York
|Batted: Right||Threw: Right|
|June 26, 1991 for the Texas Rangers|
|Last MLB appearance|
|April 14, 1992 for the Texas Rangers|
|Earned run average||5.40|
Early life 
Rosenthal, who is Jewish, was born in Brooklyn, New York. He attended South Shore High School, where he played for the basketball team and the 1982 New York City champion baseball team that was 31–1. He then attended St. John's University on scholarship, where he was the top pitcher on the baseball team. He earned All-Tournament honors for the Redmen in helping them to their 1986 Big East Conference Baseball Tournament championship.
Professional career 
Playing career 
He was drafted in 1986 by the Texas Rangers. After working his way through their minor league system, he pitched in parts of two seasons for the Rangers, 1991 and 1992. After a season with the independent Duluth-Superior Dukes, he retired as a player.
Post-playing career 
In 1997, Rosenthal joined the Montreal Expos organization as the pitching coach of the minor league Cape Fear Crocs. In 2000, he served as the Expos' minor league pitching coordinator. He moved into the same position with the Florida Marlins in 2002, and on May 11, 2003 he was named Marlins' pitching coach, replacing Brad Arnsberg. He remained in that position until the end of 2004. He continued to work in the Marlins organization until 2008, including a second stint as minor league pitching coordinator.
- "Wayne Rosenthal Statistics and History". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- Jews of Brooklyn. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- Day by day in Jewish sports history. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- Joe Frisaro (August 16, 2004). "Lo Duca's homecoming". Mlb.com. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- "Wayne Rosenthal – Managing and Coaching History". Thebaseballcube.com. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- "Red Storm Angel Gets Tip Of Cap". Nydailynews.com. October 20, 2003. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- "South Shore Wins City Title". NYTimes.com. June 17, 1982. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- Giannone, John (March 22, 1995). "Green Is Enthralled With Wayne's Whirl". Nydailynews.com. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- 2012 Big East Baseball Media Guide. Big East Conference. p. 66. Retrieved January 21, 2013.