West Valley Reprocessing Plant
Coordinates: West Valley Reprocessing Plant was a formerly operational plant for the reprocessing of used nuclear fuel at West Valley, New York, USA. It was operated from 1966-72. During this time period, 600,000 gallons of highly radioactive waste accumulated in an underground waste tank. Escalating regulation required plant modifications which were deemed uneconomic,[not verified in body] and the plant was shut down.
- 2010 Final Environmental Impact Statement for Decommissioning and/or Long-Term Stewardship at the West Valley Demonstration Project and Western New York Nuclear Service Center
- West Valley History and Future N.Y.S.D.E.C 2008 report
- DOE West Valley Demonstration Project July 2011 Progress report
- West Valley Demonstration Project Annual Site Environmental Report for Calendar Year 2009
- Site History DOE's website
- Citizen's Group summary
- WVDP Brochure
-  The Coalition on West Valley Wastes
- Plutonium Recovery from Spent Fuel Reprocessing by Nuclear Fuel Services at West Valley, New York from 1966 to 1972
- DOE 1977 Congressional hearing on decommissioning
- Entry from the Center for Land Use Interpretation's exhibit "Perpetual Architecture: Uranium Disposal Cells of America".