Wild Is the Wind
|Wild Is the Wind|
|Directed by||George Cukor|
|Produced by||Joseph H. Hazen
|Written by||Vittorio Nino Novarese
|Music by||Dimitri Tiomkin|
|Edited by||Warren Low|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Wild Is the Wind is a 1957 film that tells the story of a rancher who marries his Italian sister-in-law after the death of his wife, but she falls in love with his young ranch hand. It stars Anna Magnani, Anthony Quinn and Anthony Franciosa.
The screenplay was adapted by Arnold Schulman from the novel by Vittorio Nino Novarese, which had previously been made into the 1947 Italian film Fury. It was directed by George Cukor. The title song was performed by Johnny Mathis.
- Anna Magnani - Gioia
- Anthony Quinn - Gino
- Anthony Franciosa - Bene
- Joseph Calleia - Alberto
- Dolores Hart - Angela "Angie"
- Lili Valenty - Teresa
- James Flavin - Wool Buyer
- Dick Ryan - Priest
- Iphigenie Castiglioni - Party Guest
- Joseph Vitale - Party Guest
- Ruth Lee - Party Guest
- Frances Morris - Party Guest
- Highland Dale - Thoroughbred horse
- Academy Awards
- "Berlinale 1958: Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
|This 1950s drama film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|