William A. Osborn
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
William A. Osborn (born 1947) is an American bank executive.
William A. Osborn was graduated from Northwestern University in 1969, and from its Kellogg School of Management in 1973. He joined Northern Trust in 1970, and spent the rest of his career at the Chicago, Illinois institution. Eventually he headed the commercial banking and personal financial Services business units, and became president and chief operating officer in December 1993. He was Chairman and CEO of Northern Trust Corporation multibank holding company and the Northern Trust Company bank from 1995 through 2007. Other directorships include Caterpillar Inc., Nicor Inc. and the Tribune Company. Osborn has been a director of Caterpillar since 2000. Osborn was appointed to the board of General Dynamics (military weapons maker). In 2011, he became chairman of the Board of Trustees of Northwestern University, replacing Patrick G. Ryan.
- "William Osborn: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- Alan K. Cubbage (February 23, 2009). "Osborn Elected Board Chair". News center (Northwestern University). Retrieved July 14, 2011.
- Dennis Laurie (2001). From Battlefield to Boardroom: Winning Management Strategies for Today's Global Business. Palgrave Macmillan. p. 152. ISBN 978-0-312-23647-2.
- Aviation Week &Space Technology, February 22, 2010.
- "Board of Trustees: Charter, National and Alumni Trustees". Northwestern University. Retrieved July 14, 2011.
- "William A. Osborn". NNDB. Retrieved July 14, 2011.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|