From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up workshop in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A workshop is a room or building used for manufacture or repair of goods.
Workshop may also refer to:
- In economics a workshop may refer to small scale craft operations, such as blacksmiths and wagon makers, or to the workshop system (domestic or putting-out system), a means of subcontracting piecework.
- In mechanical engineering, workshop is a room or building which provides both the area and tools required for the manufacture or repair of manufactured goods
- In "office environments" a workshop describes a conference room meeting intended to create or generate plans, analysis, or design that supports organizational efforts.
- In education, a workshop is a brief intensive course, a seminar or a series of meetings emphasizing interaction and exchange of information among a (usually small) number of participants. Examples include:
- writing workshop, a gathering of writers for critique and inspiration
- academic workshop, a smaller version of an academic conference
- photography workshop, in which a master photographer may lead photographers into the field to help them make images
- educational workshop
- training workshop
- Organization Workshop in which a (large) group of participants masters new organizational knowledge and skills through a learning-by-doing approach
- Related to music and cinema:
- Workshop Jazz Records, Motown's jazz subsidiary, active from 1962 to 1964
- Workshop of the Telescopes (2-disc set), greatest hits album by Blue Oyster Cult
- Workshop production, a type of theatre performance
- Workshop (acting), a method of amending a theatrical script through the use of improvisation in rehearsal sessions
- Workshop (series), a web series focusing on struggling actor's lives in Hollywood
- In art, a workshop can be another name for a large studio that involves assistants or can be the name given to lessons taught by an artist where skills are shared with students. It may include theoretical as well as practical tips and exercises for learning the art.
- In transport industries, workshops can be distinguished from Automobile repair shops, which are primarily used for storage, servicing and minor repairs.
- In the development of organizations, concepts, products or services workshops are meetings in which groups apply methodologies for problem analysis, creative problem solving or decision making in order to cooperatively achieve a result.
- E- or online workshops make use of electronic meeting systems (EMS) which support groups with a range of interactive tools for problem solving and decision making over the Internet.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.