|Location||5-20 Takara-machi, Kure, Hiroshima|
The museum opened on April 23, 2005. It is nicknamed the Yamato Museum due to the display in the lobby of the large model ship Yamato Hiroba, a 1/10 scale model of the battleship Yamato (see image at right).
- Yamato Hiroba - 1/10 scale of the Japanese battleship Yamato
- History of Kure - as the shipbuilding, port city and the chinjyufu
- Large Objects Exhibition Room
- Shipbuilding Technology
- Future Prospects
- Experiment work room
- The citizens gallery
- Meeting rooms
Fourth floor view terrace
The museum has an observation terrace on the 4th floor of the building, where people can stand to view the area.
Museum shop Yamato
The museum contains a gift shop.
- Brick park
- Lawn plaza
- Yamato Wharf
- Museum website: Yamato Museum (English).
- Media related to Yamato Museum at Wikimedia Commons
- Yamato Museum (homepage, in English)
- Recreated battleship bridge on display at Yamato Museum - Asahi Shimbun, July 27 2013
|This article related to a museum in Japan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|