|Industry||Telecommunications and information technology market research|
Founded in 1970, the Yankee Group emerged as the first  independent technology research and consulting firm. Launched by Howard Anderson and focused on market research surrounding major telecommunications service providers, the Yankee Group went through a re-branding in 2005 after it was acquired from Reuters by Emily Nagle Green and Alta Communications.
The installation of Emily Nagle Green (formerly head of Forrester Research's North American practice) as CEO at Yankee Group brought about a repositioning around the idea of ubiquitous connectivity, what the company terms "Anywhere." Yankee Group believes that the emergence of a seamless, ever-present, high capacity, highly capable network will transform social and business interactions over the next 20 years. Seeing a line of succession from the telephone in the 1970s to the dial-up Internet of the 1990s into the broadband and mobile world of the 21st century, Yankee Group's mission is to chart yet another sea-change in the way people connect with one another.
In November 2010, Terry Waters was named CEO replacing Nagle Green who will remain as Chairman of the Board. Terry was previously the CEO of Highline Financial, and prior to that, he was global head of marketing as well as the head of Executive Programs at Gartner, Inc. of Stamford, Conn.
On January 3, 2013, The 451 Group, parent company of 451 Research & Uptime Institute, announced their acquisition of Yankee Group.
- Founded: 1970 as the first technology-research and -consulting firm
- Headquarters: One Liberty Square, 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02109, USA
- Employees: Around 30 professionals located primarily in the US and UK[when?]
- Locations: Boston and London
- Previously owned by Alta Communications, a Boston-based private equity firm.
- Acquired by 451 Group in January 2013.
Yankee Group's research products and services include:
- Research, which examines current business issues through a combination of market-driven, fact-based research and consultation with Yankee Group analysts, enabling clients to benefit from the interpretation and application of research to their individual business requirements.
- Forecasts and Monitors, which track and predict global connectivity change
- Attitude and behavior Surveys, a continuous pulse of the connectivity trends within consumer and enterprise markets
- Consulting, custom products and services
- Market Education
- On-site analyst consultation
- Terry Waters, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Dan Dalia, Vice President of Finance
- Brian Partridge, Vice President, Research & Consulting
- Carl Howe, Vice President, Research & Data Sciences
- Wayne Adams, Vice President, Product & Market Development