|Entrance hall of Yuanshan Station|
|Address||No. 9-1, Jiuquan Rd.|
|Opened||March 28, 1997|
|Line(s)||Tamsui Line (R17)
|Daily Ridership||55,953 (2011)
(Ranked 12th of 89)
|Operator(s)||Taipei Rapid Transit System|
The Taipei Metro Yuanshan Station is located between the Zhongshan and Datong districts in Taipei, Taiwan. It is a station on the Tamsui Line (Red Line). There was a station of the same name on the now-defunct TRA Tamsui Line.
The station is an elevated structure with one island platform and two exits. The station is situated on the West of Yumen Street, between Kulun Street and Jiuquan Street. The washrooms are inside the entrance area.
In consideration of the large crowds to the nearby Zhongshan Soccer Stadium, the upcoming 2010 Taipei International Flora Exposition estimated to attract 6 million visitors, and passenger safety especially along the tracks, Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation announced that automatic platform gates would be installed at this station, Taipei City Hall, and Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall. It would be the first elevated, high-capacity station in the system with automatic platform gates.
- October 25, 1901: Opened for service along with the Tamsui Railway Line as "Yuanshan Parking Station".
- South of the former station was a branch line to the Tatung Steel Factory. Now, it is the site of Tatung Company.
- July 15, 1988: Closed along with the TRA Tamsui Line.
Taipei Metro Station
|2F||Platform 1||← Tamsui Line toward Tamsui or Beitou (Jiantan)|
|Platform 2||→ Tamsui Line toward Xindian or Xiangshan (Minquan West Road) →|
|Street Level||Concourse||Entrance/Exit, lobby, information counter, automatic ticket dispensing machines, one-way faregates
Around the station
- Taipei Expo Park
- Chungshan Soccer Stadium
- The Grand Hotel
- Republic of China Military Police Headquarters
- Taipei Municipal Children's Entertainment Center
- Taipei Fine Arts Museum
- Zhongshan Art Park
- Taipei Tatung Recreation Center (between this station and Minquan West Road Station)
- Taipei Story House
- Taipei Confucius Temple
- Bao An Temple
- Yuanshan Park
- Tatung University
- Minglun Senior High School
- Minglun Junior High School
- Dalong Elementary School
- Keelung River
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yuanshan Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations". Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2012-01-20. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- "Route Map: Yuanshan". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation.
- http://www.libertytimes.com.tw/2009/new/feb/12/today-taipei9-3.htm 防跳軌 捷運3站將設月台門- 自由電子報
- http://184.108.40.206/?FID=6&CID=47840 台灣新生報 | 防跳軌 北捷增3站設月台門
- "The Grand Hotel". The Grand Hotel(Taiwan). 2002-01-01. Archived from the original on 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2008-06-16.
- "Tatong University". Tatong University (Taiwan). 2008-06-16. Archived from the original on 2008-06-11. Retrieved 2008-06-16.
- "Minglun Senior High School". Taipei Municipal Minlun Senior High School(Taiwan). 2005-04-21. Retrieved 2008-06-16.