Yury Ignatyevich Mukhin
Yury Mukhin (Russian: Юрий Игнатьевич Мухин, born on March 22, 1949) is a Russian author, political figure and conspiracy theorist. He graduated from Dnipropetrovsk Metallurgical Institute in 1973. In 1995–2009 Mukhin was editor in chief of the Russian newspaper Duel. Mukhin is the leader of the People's Will Army ("Армия Воли Народа") - a public organization advocating for constitutional changes in the Constitution of the Russian federation and for the adoption of legislation establishing the direct responsibility of the President and of the Federal Assembly of Russia for their activities. Mukhin is the main proponent of the denial of the Soviet responsibility for the Katyn massacre in Russia. Mukhin is also a supporter of the "Putin must go" campaign and his website encourages other Russians to support the petition for Putin's, as well as current President Dmitry Medvedev's, resignation from power.
Muhkin believes that Nazism was simply a response to Zionism, and that Zionists were responsible for the Holocaust:
Once again I would like to remind the readers that the founding fathers of Zionism were fanatics, i.e. people not thinking of the future of Jews, but Israelis. Those of the Jews, who did not agree with Zionist objectives, were seen as worse than non- Jews—they were nothing else than garbage and their lives were nothing in the eyes of the Zionists. I have no doubts whatsoever, that during the course of World War II, the Germans did not exterminate the Jews on their own initiative, but were instigated to do so by the Zionists.
In Dec 2008 the Zamoskvoretzky District Court of Moscow (Замоскворецкий районный суд Москвы) issued an order to shut down the newspaper and on June 18 Mukhin himself was sentenced to a suspended prison term of two years for public calls for extremist activity. This happened one year after a previous attempt to shut down the newspaper failed, following an appeal in the Greater Moscow District Court.
- Нателья Горбаневская. О Катыни - двадцать пять лет назад и сегодня. Polit.ru, March 24, 2005
- Алексей Тимофеев. «Катынь»: игра на обострение?. Rosbalt, September 18, 2007.
- "«Против упырей прошлого»: /ДЕНЬ/". Day.kiev.ua. 2007-11-28. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "ЧТО ВЫ ОБ ЭТОМ ДУМАЕТЕ? | Официальный сайт Мухина Ю.И". Ymuhin.ru. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- Rudling, Per Anders (2006). "Organized Anti-Semitism in Ukraine". Canadian Slavonic Papers 48 (2): 103–4.
- "Агентство Еврейских Новостей Главные новости". Aen.ru. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- 30.06.2009 (2009-06-30). "Июнь 2009. Итоги месяца / Июнь / 2009 / Публикации / Расизм и ксенофобия / СОВА". Xeno.sova-center.ru. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Газета "Дуэль" закрыта за пропаганду и призывы к экстремизму". newsru.com. 2008-12-01. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "ИА Собкорru | Новости | Медведев создал комиссию по борьбе с искажением истории". Sobkorr.ru. 2009-05-19. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- Сегодня Среда, 28.07.2010 18:07 (2007-03-26). "Полеты во сне и наяву — Мегаполис". Megapolis.kz. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- 05.10.2007. "Кто и за что убил Стэнли Кубрика? - 2 - Личность в культуре - Правда.Ру". Pravda.ru. Retrieved 2010-07-28.
- "Top Stories | Press - RT Top Stories". Russiatoday.com. Retrieved 2010-07-28.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yury Muhin.|