Zane Birdwell has worked as the sound designer for standup comedian Tim Minchin's New York run at New World Stages, Ars Nova's 2008 production of Jollyship The Whiz-Bang, The stageFARM's 2009 production of The Gingerbread House., and Oliver Parker! starring John Larroquette and Michael Zegen. Currently, he works as an audio producer for Naked Angels (theater company) Naked Radio. In 2010, Birdwell was awarded a Grammy for his work on the audio edition of Michael J. Fox's bestselling memoir Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist. Other audiobook credits include Paul Shaffer's memoir We'll Be Here For the Rest of Our Lives: A Swingin' Show-biz Saga, Patti Lupone: A Memoir, and Wishin' and Hopin': A Christmas Story, by Wally Lamb. As a composer, he has written music for clients including Disney, Harper Collins, Macmillan Science and Education, Mango Languages, and Creative Teaching Press. His first album, World Class People, was released on July 10, 2010 through his independent label Spindlebright Records. Translations, a collection of instrumental songs from various commercials, documentary films, and theatrical productions, was released on September 18, 2012.
- Thielman, Sam (2008-03-09). "Variety Reviews - Tim Minchin - Legit Reviews - Cabaret - Review by Sam Thielman". Variety.com. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- Thielman, Sam (2008-06-04). "Variety Reviews - Jollyship the Whiz-Bang - Legit Reviews - Off Broadway - Review by Sam Thielman". Variety.com. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- Isherwood, Charles (2009-04-22). "Chaotic Household? Sell the Kids". The New York Times.
- "Elizabeth Meriwether's Upcoming Play Now Titled Oliver Parker! - Theater News - Apr 20, 2010". Theatermania.com. 2010-04-20. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- "Naked Radio". Naked Angels. 2008-08-25. Retrieved 2012-12-15.