Murdy, 1989 
(Roberts, 1978) 
Pseudapocryptes confluentus Roberts, 1978 
Zappa is a monotypic genus of mudskipper goby named after musician Frank Zappa "for his articulate and sagacious defense of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution". It was erected for the species Zappa confluentus, commonly known as Slender mudskipper, when it was split from its previous genus, Pseudapocryptes. Known only from the lower parts of the Fly, Ramu and Bintuni Rivers in New Guinea.
See also 
- "Zappa". Integrated Taxonomic Information System.
- "Zappa confluentus". Integrated Taxonomic Information System.
- N. Bailly (2009). "Zappa confluentus (Roberts, 1978)". World Database of Marine Pisces. World Register of Marine Species. Retrieved December 26, 2009.
- "My true love gave to me … a bat species!". CBS News. December 9, 2008.
- Mark Isaak (November 29, 2009). "Etymology: Named after People". Curiosities of Biological Nomenclature.
- Andy Hillman. "Zappa confluentus - A Fish Called Zappa".
|This Gobiidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Papua New Guinea-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|