Zbigniew Seifert (6 June 1946–15 February 1979) was a Polish jazz violinist.
Seifert was born in Kraków, Poland in 1946. He played alto saxophone early in his career and was strongly influenced by John Coltrane. He devoted himself to jazz violin when he started performing with the Tomasz Stańko Quintet in 1970 and became one of the leading modern jazz violinists before he died of cancer at the age of 32.
- Nora (GAD, 2010; recorded 1969-70)
- Tomasz Stańko Quintet – Music for K (Polskie Nagrania Muza, 1970)
- Tomasz Stańko Quintet – Purple Sun (Calig/Milo, 2006; recorded 1973)
- Kunstkopfindianer (MPS, 1974) with Hans Koller and Wolfgang Dauner
- Man of the Light (MPS, 1976)
- Solo Violin (EMI, 1976)
- Zbigniew Seifert (Capitol, 1977)
- Passion (Capitol, 1978) with John Scofield, Jack DeJohnette a.o.
- Kilimanjaro (PolJazz, 1978)
- Kilimanjaro Vol. 2 (PolJazz, 1978)
- Violin (Vanguard, 1978) with Oregon
- We'll Remember Zbiggy (Mood, 1979)
External links