1945–46 Oklahoma A&M Aggies men's basketball team
|1945-46 Oklahoma A&M Aggies men's basketball|
NCAA Men's Division I Tournament, Champions
|Conference||Missouri Valley Conference|
|1945-46 record||31-2 (12-0 MVC)|
|Head coach||Henry Iba|
|Assistant coach||Leroy Floyd|
The 1945–46 Oklahoma A&M Aggies men's basketball team represented Oklahoma A&M College, now known as Oklahoma State University, in NCAA competition in the 1945–46 season. The Aggies won their second consecutive NCAA championship, defeating the North Carolina Tar Heels by a score of 43–40 in the championship game of the NCAA Tournament. Oklahoma A&M was also retroactively named the national champion by the Helms Athletic Foundation and the Premo-Porretta Power Poll.
- West Region
- Oklahoma A&M 44, Baylor 29
- Final Four
- Oklahoma A&M 52, California 35
- Oklahoma A&M 43, North Carolina 40
Notes and references
- When Oklahoma A&M changed its name to Oklahoma State in 1957, it also adopted a new athletic nickname. Men's teams are now "Cowboys" and women's teams are now "Cowgirls".
- "NCAA Division I Mens Basketball – NCAA Division I Champions". Rauzulu's Street. 2004. Retrieved May 26, 2015.
- ESPN, ed. (2009). ESPN College Basketball Encyclopedia: The Complete History of the Men's Game. New York, NY: ESPN Books. p. 577. ISBN 978-0-345-51392-2.