From today's featured article
The 2015 Vuelta a España (Tour of Spain) was the 70th edition of the three-week race, one of cycling's Grand Tours. The 3,358.1-kilometre (2,086.6 mi) race included 21 stages, from Marbella on 22 August to Madrid on 13 September. Astana Pro Team's Fabio Aru (pictured) won the race, with Joaquim Rodríguez (Team Katusha) second and Rafał Majka (Tinkoff–Saxo) third. The early leaders were Esteban Chaves (Orica–GreenEDGE) and Tom Dumoulin (Team Giant–Alpecin). Aru took over the lead in Andorra following Stage 11, and kept it for five stages through the mountains of northern Spain before losing it to Rodríguez on Stage 16. Dumoulin retook the lead on Stage 17, but was dropped by Aru in the next-to-last stage, falling to sixth place overall. It was Aru's first Grand Tour victory. The points classification, decided during the final stage, was won by Alejandro Valverde (Movistar Team), while Rodriguez won the combination classification. The mountains classification was won by Omar Fraile (Caja Rural–Seguros RGA). Dumoulin won the combativity award, while Movistar won the team prize. (Full article...)
Did you know...
In the news
On this day...
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Free media repository
Wiki software development
Wikimedia project coordination
Free textbooks and manuals
Free knowledge base
Collection of quotations
Directory of species
Free learning materials and activities
Free travel guide
Dictionary and thesaurus