From today's featured article
Adore is the fourth studio album by the American alternative rock band The Smashing Pumpkins (vocalist Billy Corgan pictured), released on June 2, 1998, by Virgin Records. After the multi-platinum success of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness and subsequent tour, the Pumpkins' follow-up album was highly anticipated, but drummer Jimmy Chamberlin had left the band, and the recording of Adore was challenging. The album featured a more subdued and electronica-tinged sound than the band's previous work; Greg Kot of Rolling Stone magazine called it "a complete break with the past". Sales for the album were far less than for the band's previous two albums, but it became the third straight Pumpkins album to be nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Alternative Music Performance. It was well received by critics, and has gained a cult following. A remastered and expanded version of the album was released on CD, vinyl and other formats in September 2014. (Full article...)
Did you know ...
In the news
On this day
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.