From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From today's featured article
Did you know...
- ... that Cardinal Agagianian (pictured), leader of a small Eastern church, was twice a serious papal candidate?
- ... that Washington State Route 522 has been named as one of the most dangerous highways in the United States?
- ... that a famous painting by Liu Guandao portrays Kublai Khan as an "aging and obese man"?
- ... that Casualty producers worked with the Association of Air Ambulances for over half a year on the special episode "Too Old for This Shift"?
- ... that Öget Öktem Tanör, Turkey's first neuropsychologist, was charged with "terrorism propaganda" in 2017 for signing a petition?
- ... that only male Chloropicus xantholophus have golden crowns?
- ... that a recording of Bartók's Bluebeard's Castle with Cornelia Kallisch as Judith was nominated for a Grammy Award?
- ... that Soviet economist Dimitri Navachine, assassinated in Paris in 1937, may have been killed for possessing documents showing that certain Soviet political prisoners were innocent?
- ... that in the Southern Hemisphere, all willow sawflies are female, while in the Northern Hemisphere both males and females occur?
- ... that in 1980, the American Meat Institute tried to ban turkey ham products from being labeled as such?
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Wikipedia is hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects:
This Wikipedia is written in English. Started in 2001 , it currently contains 5,428,579 articles. Many other Wikipedias are available; some of the largest are listed below.
- More than 1,000,000 articles:
- More than 250,000 articles:
- More than 50,000 articles: