From today's featured article
Jessica Chastain (born March 24, 1977) is an American actress and film producer. She has earned critical praise for her portrayals of strong-willed women in films with feminist themes. Born and raised in Sacramento County, California, Chastain studied acting at Juilliard. She made her film debut in the drama Jolene (2008), and gained wide recognition in 2011 for starring roles in half a dozen films, including The Help, which earned her a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. In 2012, she won a Golden Globe Award for playing a CIA agent in the thriller Zero Dark Thirty. Her highest-grossing releases were the science fiction films Interstellar (2014) and The Martian (2015). She continued to draw praise for her performances in the dramas A Most Violent Year (2014), Miss Sloane (2016), and Molly's Game (2017). Chastain is the founder of the production company Freckle Films, which promotes diversity in film. She is vocal about mental health issues, and gender and racial equality. (Full article...)
Did you know...
In the news
On this day...
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Free media repository
Wiki software development
Wikimedia project coordination
Free textbooks and manuals
Free knowledge base
Collection of quotations
Directory of species
Free learning materials and activities
Free travel guide
Dictionary and thesaurus