Jump to navigation Jump to search
From today's featured article
"The Body" is the sixteenth episode of the fifth season of the supernatural drama television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Written and directed by series creator Joss Whedon, it originally aired on The WB Television Network in the United States on February 27, 2001. In the series, Buffy Summers is a teenager chosen by mystical forces and endowed with superhuman powers to defeat vampires, demons, and other evils in the fictional town of Sunnydale. In "The Body", Buffy discovers the body of her mother, who has died of a brain aneurysm. In the series Buffy and her friends deal with death every week, often in gruesome and fantastic ways, but in this episode they are bewildered by the natural death of Buffy's mother and struggle to comprehend what the loss means to them. Buffy must begin to face her life and her duties as the Slayer without parental support and comfort. "The Body" is regarded by many critics as one of the best episodes of the series. (Full article...)
Did you know ...
In the news
On this day
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Free media repository
Wiki software development
Wikimedia project coordination
Free textbooks and manuals
Free knowledge base
Collection of quotations
Directory of species
Free learning tools
Free travel guide
Dictionary and thesaurus