From today's featured article
Erin Phillips (born 1985) is an Australian rules footballer for the Adelaide Football Club in the AFL Women's (AFLW) competition and a former professional basketball player. With the launch of the AFLW in 2017, Phillips began her football career at age 31. Despite not having played competitive football since she was 13 years old, Phillips won the AFLW best and fairest award by a wide margin twice in her first three seasons in 2017 and 2019. In both years, she also led Adelaide to the premiership and won best on ground in the AFLW Grand Final. Before her football career, Phillips played nine seasons in the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA), winning her first WNBA title with the Indiana Fever in 2012 and another with the Phoenix Mercury in 2014. She also represented Australia on the women's national basketball team, winning a gold medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship for Women and serving as a co-vice captain at the 2016 Summer Olympics. (Full article...)
Did you know ...
In the news
On this day
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.