1962–63 Duke Blue Devils men's basketball team
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1962–63 Duke Blue Devils men's basketball|
ACC Regular Season champions, ACC Tourmament Champions
|Conference||Atlantic Coast Conference|
|1962–63 record||27–3 (14–0 ACC)|
|Head coach||Vic Bubas|
|Assistant coach||Bucky Waters|
|Assistant coach||Fred Shabel|
|Home arena||Cameron Indoor Stadium|
The 1962–63 Duke Blue Devils men's basketball team represented Duke University. The Head Coach was Vic Bubas. The team played its home games in the Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham, North Carolina, and was a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference.
NCAA basketball tournament
- Duke 81, New York 76
- Duke 73, St. Joseph's, Pennsylvania 59
- Final Four
- Loyola, Illinois 94, Duke 75
- Third Place Game
- Duke 85, Oregon State 63
Awards and honors
- Art Heyman, AP National Player of the Year award
- Art Heyman, ACC Player of the Year award
- Art Heyman, NCAA Men's MOP Award
- Art Heyman, USBWA College Player of the Year
Team players drafted into the NBA
|1||1||Art Heyman||New York Knicks|
- 1963 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket and Results - databaseSports.com
- "Final Four Most Outstanding Players". cbs.sportsline.com. Archived from the original on 7 September 2008. Retrieved 31 March 2008.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-06-11. Retrieved 2008-06-11.
- 1963 NBA Draft on databaseBasketball.com Archived 2012-08-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- Statistical Database- Duke Blue Devils Basketball Statistical Database
|This North Carolina university or other tertiary education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|