1979 Trans America Athletic Conference Baseball Tournament
|1979 Trans America Athletic Conference Baseball Tournament|
|Champions||Mercer (1st title)|
|Winning coach||Barry Myers (1st title)|
|1979 Trans America Athletic Conference baseball standings|
|‡ – Tournament champion
As of June 30, 1979; Rankings from Collegiate Baseball
The 1979 Trans America Athletic Conference (TAAC) Baseball Tournament, the first-ever for the league known since the 2001–02 school year as the Atlantic Sun Conference, was held at Centenary Park on the campus of Centenary College in Shreveport, Louisiana from May 10 through 13. Mercer won the first tournament championship. As a new conference, the TAAC did not have an automatic bid to the 1979 NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament.
|First round||Second round||Third Round||Semi-Finals||Finals|
|Loser's Bracket||Oklahoma City||11||3|
* - Indicates game required 10 innings.
The following players were named to the All-Tournament Team. No MVP was named until 1985.
|P||Dwight Erhard||Oklahoma City|
|1B||Jay Branham||Northeast Louisiana|
|OF||Don Murphy||Oklahoma City|
|DH||Tom Patman||Oklahoma City|
- Altantic Sun Baseball Record Book (PDF). Atlantic Sun Conference. p. 2. Retrieved September 21, 2013.
- Atlantic Sun Baseball Record Book (PDF). Atlantic Sun Conference. p. 2. Retrieved September 21, 2013.
- "2013 Media Guide". Mercer Bears. p. 71. Retrieved September 21, 2013.
- Atlantic Sun Baseball Record Book (PDF). Atlantic Sun Conference. p. 21. Retrieved September 21, 2013.