1988 Pacific-10 Conference Men's Basketball Tournament
|1988 Pacific-10 Conference Men's Basketball Tournament|
|Champions||Arizona (1st title)|
|Winning coach||Lute Olson (1st title)|
|MVP||Sean Elliott (Arizona)|
|Attendance||66,477 (5 sessions)|
|1987–88 Pacific-10 Conference men's basketball standings|
|#2 Arizona †||17||–||1||.944||35||–||3||.921|
|† 1988 Pacific-10 Tournament winner
As of April 15, 1988; Rankings from AP Poll
The 1988 Pacific-10 Conference Men's Basketball Tournament was played March 10–13 at McKale Center in Tucson, Arizona, on the University of Arizona campus. Both finalists made their first appearances in the title game, the first final to feature both top seeds. The champion of the tournament was host Arizona, which received the Pac-10's automatic bid to the NCAA tournament. The Most Outstanding Player was Sean Elliott of Arizona.
This was the tournament's second edition and all ten teams participated.
Thursday, March 10
Friday, March 11
Saturday, March 12
Sunday, March 13
Asterisk denotes overtime period.
- Arizona's 26 point win (93-67) over Oregon State was the largest margin of victory for the final game in Pac-10/12 Tournament history.
- Arizona's 93 points is still a record for the most points scored in the Pac-10/12 tournament final game.
- #10 Washington and #9 Cal each upset their opponents early on to be the first winners for their respective seeds in Pac-10 Tournament history.
- A current record high FG% for a game of 68.3% was set by Cal vs. USC (28-of-41).
- A current record of most points for a tournament was set by Arizona, (3 games).
- A current record FG% for this tournament of 79.1% was set by Isaac Austin of Arizona State, (19-of-24, 3 games, min 15 made).
All Tournament Team
- Sean Elliott, Arizona
- Anthony Cook, Arizona
- Steve Kerr, Arizona
- Todd Lichti, Stanford
- Gary Payton, Oregon State
- "2017-18 Men's Basketball Media Guide". Pacific-12 Conference. p. 72. Retrieved February 16, 2018.
- Clark, Bob (March 14, 1988). "Arizona proves its point, 93-67". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). p. 1B.
- Bergum, Steve (March 14, 1988). "UA proves it's top 'Cat with big win". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). p. C1.
- 2007–08 Pac-10 Men's Basketball Media Guide pages 50–60 (PDF copy available at 2007–08 Pac-10 Men's Basketball Media Guide). Accessed 2009-03-09. Archived 2009-05-08.
- Barnes, Mike (March 14, 1988). "Arizona surges into NCAAs". The Bulletin. (Bend, Oregon). UPI. p. D-1.
- Bergum, Steve (March 11, 1988). "Huskies earn win, new fans". Spokesman-Review. (Spokane, Washington). p. 25.