2008 Patriot League Men's Basketball Tournament
|2008 Patriot League Men's Basketball Tournament|
|Champions||American (1st title)|
|Winning coach||Jeff Jones (1st title)|
|MVP||Garrison Carr (American)|
The 2008 Patriot League Men's Basketball Tournament, a part of the 2007-08 NCAA Division I men's basketball season, took place on March 5, 2008 as a single-elimination tournament, with games being played at the higher seeds' home courts. The American University Eagles won the league's regular season, and received the number one seed in the tournament. They kept their home advantage throughout the tournament and defeated Colgate, 52–46, on March 14, 2008 to win the conference tournament and received the Patriot League's automatic bid for the 2008 NCAA Tournament.
Before the tournament
Prior to the season defending champion Holy Cross, was predicted to finish first in the league once again, while Bucknell, a team who had won a game in both the 2005 and 2006 NCAA Tournaments, was predicted to finish second. However the league was unpredictable, as both teams ended their conference regular seasons with a losing record. Lafayette started off strong in league play, but quickly fell by the wayside. American and Navy, teams predicted to finish fifth and seventh respectively, ended their seasons in first and second in the league, with American gaining home court advantage throughout the tournament.
|2007–08 Patriot League Standings|
The Patriot League announced the bracket and seed on March 3, 2008.
* represents an overtime period
- Patriot League Champions! Eagles Go Dancing with 52–46 Win Over Colgate in PL Title Game
- "American tops Colgate, wins Patriot League title". ESPN. Associated Press. March 14, 2008. Archived from the original on March 22, 2008. Retrieved March 15, 2008.
- "Holy Cross tops Bucknell to win Patriot championship". ESPN. Associated Press. March 9, 2007. Retrieved March 4, 2008.
- "Bucknell clips Arkansas for second straight first-round win". ESPN. Associated Press. March 17, 2006. Retrieved February 28, 2014.
- "2007–08 Patriot League Men's Basketball Preseason Poll and Award Winners Announced". Patriot League. October 18, 2007. Retrieved March 4, 2008.
- Forde, Pat (March 4, 2008). "Here's to the league overachievers ... and the underachievers too". ESPN. Archived from the original on March 7, 2008. Retrieved March 4, 2008.
- "Patriot League Standings 2007–2008". ESPN. Archived from the original on March 19, 2008. Retrieved March 4, 2008.
- Whelliston, Kyle (March 3, 2008). "Previewing the early Championship Week tournaments". ESPN. Archived from the original on March 9, 2008. Retrieved March 4, 2008.
- "Patriot League Men's Basketball Quarterfinal Release – 3.3.08". Patriot League. March 3, 2008. Archived from the original on March 6, 2008. Retrieved March 4, 2008.
|This college basketball-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|