The 2012 Rowville Rail Study studied the possibility of a rail link to Rowville, Victoria.
The first stage of the report was released in March 2012, and found that congestion on the Glen Waverley line, Ferntree Gully line and Dandenong line (from Caulfield to Pakenham) would reduce if the rail link were constructed.
The study cost A$2 million.
- Huntingdale - 2 new underground platforms under the existing ones
- Monash Uni - underground beneath Wellington Rd median
- Mulgrave - elevated
- Waverley Park - underground beneath Wellington Rd median
- EastLink - (possible future station)
- Rowville - underground
- Minimum line design speed of 80 km/h
- No new level crossings
- Maximum vertical grade of 2%
- New stations should have enough space to build 230m long platforms