35 Engineer Regiment (United Kingdom)
|35 Engineer Regiment|
|Active||unknown – present|
|Part of|| 8th Engineer Brigade|
|Garrison/HQ||Barker Barracks, Westfalen Garrison|
35 Engineer Regiment is a unit of the British Army’s Royal Engineers under 8th Engineer Brigade, Force Troops Command. The Unit provides close support engineering to 20th Armoured Brigade. It is located in Barker Barracks, Paderborn, Germany. From October 2011 to May 2012 the Unit was deployed on Operation HERRICK 15 in Afghanistan. A written statement in December 2016 stated that it will be rationalised, with all manpower in this unit being redeployed to other areas of the British Army.
- 44 Headquarters and Support Squadron
- 29 Armoured Engineer Squadron
- 37 Armoured Engineer Squadron
- 77 Armoured Engineer Squadron
- Military Doctrine
- "Transforming the British Army - An update" (PDF). Ministry of Defence. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "35 Engr Regt - British Army Website". Army.mod.uk. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- Paderborn (1970-01-01). "paderborn - Google Maps". Maps.google.com. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "35 Engineer Regiment homecoming 23.03.12". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-08-07.
- "Strategic Defence and Security Review - Army:Written statement - HCWS367 - UK Parliament". Parliament.uk. 2014-12-04. Retrieved 2016-12-16.