The AIDSRides were a series of fundraising events organised by Pallotta TeamWorks which raised more than $105 million for critical AIDS services and medical research. About half of the money raised directly benefited AIDS patients.
In 2001, the San Francisco AIDS Foundation and the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center ended their partnership with the California AIDSRide over concerns that not enough money was going to the charities. They hired Honeycutt Group, a consulting firm started by three former Pallotta TeamWorks employees, to organize AIDS/LifeCycle, a similar event. Dan Pallotta unsuccessfully sued the "copycat" event, but the competition and surrounding controversy made 2002 the event's last year.
Pallotta TeamWorks has organised several AIDSRides in North America:
- California: 1994–2002
- Boston>New York, 1994–2002
- Philadelphia to DC: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Washington, D.C., 1996
TeamWorks was fined by Pennsylvania Attorney General for improper fund raising.
- Florida AIDS Ride from Orlando to Miami (South Beach) 1996-97
- Washington, D.C. AIDS Ride (NC to D.C.) 1997–2002
- Heartland: Twin Cities to Chicago, 1996–2002
- Northeast: New York to Boston, or reverse, 1995–2002
- Texas: 1998–2002
- Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride: 2000–2001
- Montana AIDS Vaccine Ride: 2001
- Montreal to Portland, Maine: 2001
- European AIDS Vaccine Ride: 2002
- "AIDS Ride planners sue S.F. charity over new race". The San Francisco Chronicle. 2001-12-13.
- "Dan Pallotta's bike-tour and walkathon business has raised more than $200 million for AIDS research & other charities. So why do some people hate him so much?* *Hint: Check out the Lexus in his driveway". CNN. 2002-03-01.
- "About Pallotta TeamWorks". Pallotta TeamWorks Website. Archived from the original on 2007-12-12. Retrieved 2008-02-14.
- "Dan Pallotta's bike-tour and walkathon business has raised more than $200 million for AIDS research & other charities. So why do some people hate him so much?* *Hint: Check out the Lexus in his driveway. - March 1, 2002". money.cnn.com. Retrieved 2021-10-20.
- Charity Treks Montreal to Portland 10th Anniversary ~ 2011
- Pallotta TeamWorks and Pallotta TeamWorks history
- AIDS/LifeCycle | 7-Day 545 Mile Cycling Event to Support HIV/AIDS Services
- Ride for AIDS Chicago | The Midwest's only 2-day, 200-mile cycling Event to Support HIV/AIDS Services
- Empire State AIDS Ride
- Wisconsin AIDS Ride
- New Jersey Ride Against AIDS
- Hill Country Ride for AIDS