Americas' SAP Users' Group
Now made up of more than 140,000 individuals at 3,700 companies in more than 17 industries across the SAP ecosystem, ASUG is the world’s largest independent SAP users' group. Our members are professionals and personalities of varied skills and experience levels. Many of them are technical and business process experts and respected thought leaders in the SAP ecosystem. They represent a wide variety of organizations, from small businesses to global corporations to distinguished universities.
Board of Directors
|Services||ASUG is an independent community of SAP experts in North America that delivers events, education, influence, and networking to its members|
|Slogan||Real Experience. Real Advantage.|
In 1990, SAP customers who attended the SAP annual conference “SAPPHIRE” met to form an SAP users' group. In 1991, the Americas' SAP Users' Group (ASUG) was created and now ranks as the largest independent, not-for-profit organization of SAP customer companies and SAP solution providers in the world. ASUG works closely with SAP in order to deliver education, networking, and influence to ASUG members. The strength of the partnership between SAP and ASUG is seen in many areas, most notably in the areas of product influence and the co-location of ASUG Annual Conference  with SAP's annual SAPPHIRE NOW event.
Furthermore, ASUG is one of the 12 members of the SAP User Group Executive Network (SUGEN) which is the international voice that unites regional SAP User Groups in an open and honest dialogue.
ASUG provides a forum for members to communicate mutual concerns to SAP, influence software development, exchange ideas and best practices, and establish future priorities. ASUG is dedicated to the understanding, productive use, and advancement of SAP and SAP BusinessObjects products and services.
- 3,700-plus ASUG member companies (SAP Americas’ customers, certified and non-certified SAP partners, independent consultants)
- 71 % of Installation Members (SAP Customers) represent small and medium enterprises (SME) reporting less than $1.5 Billion in revenue
- 21% of ASUG members are SAP partners and solution providers
- There are more than 140,000 individuals registered as ASUG members
- As of October 2007, also ASUG offers international memberships so any licensed SAP customer company can join ASUG
- On January 1, 2010, the Global BusinessObjects Network (GBN), the user community for customers of the SAP BusinessObjects solution portfolio, merged with ASUG, its parent organization
- ASUG expanded its membership offering to accommodate SAP BusinessObjects customers, and offers membership to those SAP BusinessObjects users who operate in a non-ERP data environment
Members form communities via ASUG Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and regionally based Chapters in North America.
Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
Members of SIGs receive educational, networking, and influence opportunities. Ninety one SIGs align with SAP and SAP BusinessObjects products and services in the following areas:
- Business Processes
These communities are organized geographically into 38 Chapters throughout the U.S. and Canada for face-to-face education and networking opportunities. Chapters host quarterly face-to-face meetings as part of membership benefits.
Several educational events are held each year by ASUG.
ASUG Annual Conference
This event delivers customer-driven education, expert insight exchange, and the opportunity to engage with SAP users and partners throughout the Americas. The ASUG Annual Conference touches on all SAP products and services. The 2014 ASUG Annual Conference is taking place June 3–5 in Orlando.
ASUG SAP Analytics & BusinessObjects Conference
The ASUG SAP Analytics and BusinessObjects User Conference is the only customer-led BusinessObjects user event of the year featuring sessions on topics such as BI strategy; SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards/Xcelsius integration, design, and development; universe design and development; SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence; SAP Crystal Reports; and data management. The 2014 ASUG SAP Analytics and BusinessObjects User Conference will take place September 22–24, at the Omni Fort Worth in Fort Worth, Texas.
ASUG SAP Business One Summit
The 2014 SAP Business One Summit ASUG SAP Business One Summit celebrates its fifth anniversary in 2014. This ASUG event, taking place September 15–17 in Schaumburg, IL, delivers education, influence and networking opportunities tailored to SAP Business One professionals.
ASUG Community Focus
2014 ASUG Community Focus Summit ASUG Community Focus brings together business and technical professionals in the SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM), Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and Services & Support communities. Insights, concepts and content from experts will address the challenges and opportunities, and present new innovations tailored to the needs of these communities.The event takes place in Princeton, NJ, October 6&7, 2014.
ASUG is steered by a Board of Directors which comprises ASUG volunteers elected by our membership, an SAP representative, and a full-time CEO. The Board sets the strategy and direction of the organization across all areas, and works closely with SAP to identify areas for growth and new opportunities. Daily operations are managed by the Chief Executive Officer and the management team  who are charged with delivering on the Board’s vision and serving the membership on a daily basis.
From the American Business Awards (ABA) in 2012, ASUG earned a Silver award in the Company of the Year – Business Services category.
- What is ASUG?. (2002, May 9). SearchSAP.com Definitions. Retrieved on 2008-10-18.
- Bell, Erin (2008, September 28). . echannelline.com Retrieved on 2008-10-18
- Americas' SAP Users' Group. (2008, September 15).SAP.info Retrieved on 2008-10-18.
- Events in America. crm2day.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29.
- Kanaracus, Chris (2008, August 13). SAP Users: Support Debate PCWorld.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29.
- Influencing SAP: User group helps define SAP strategy.. (2006, November 29). SearchSAP.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29.
- Reiser, Clint (2008, September 22). SAP EAM: Pragmatic Insights from ASUG Fall Focus. ARC Advisory Group Retrieved on 2008-10-29.
- The SAP User Groups. (2008, August 13). SAP.info Retrieved on 2008-10-29.
- EnCrisp LLC partners with University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and ASUG's University Alliance.... (2008, August 15). PR Web Release Newswire Retrieved on 2008-10-29
- One City, One Process, One System. (September 2008 Edition). SAP Spectrum Retrieved on 2008-10-29
- Wailgum, Thomas (2008, July 18). SAP User Group Launches Database to Help Companies.. CIO.com Retrieved on 2008-10-18.
- 2007 ASUG Annual Report asug.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29
- Martens, China (2006, February 27). SAP User Group Opens Up to Attract New Members. ComputerWorld.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29
-  reuters.com Retrieved on 2009-9-29
- What We Do.asug.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29
- SAP user group head looks to the future. (January 2008). Nucleus Research Retrieved on 2008-10-29
- ASUG Leadership asug.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29
- Wailgum, Thomas (2008, July 28). Users' Group Leader Preaches Collaboration - Not Rebellion. CIO.com Retrieved on 2008-10-29