|Hospital type||University hospital|
|Affiliated university||Maastricht University|
|Network||Netherlands Federation of University Medical Centres|
|Emergency department||Yes, Level I Trauma Center|
|Lists||Hospitals in Netherlands|
Maastricht University Medical Center+ (formerly known as Academic Hospital Maastricht ) or Maastricht UMC+ is an academic hospital in the city of Maastricht (Netherlands) and affiliated with Maastricht University. Maastricht UMC+ is one of the eight university medical centers in the Netherlands and is part of Netherlands Federation of University Medical Centres (NFU)
Facts and figures
In 1991 the academic hospital Maastricht was founded in Maastricht. Since 2008 the Faculty, Health, Medicine and Life Sciences of Maastricht University and the academic hospital Maastricht cooperate under the name of Maastricht UMC+.
In 2016 Maastricht UMC+ had:
- 715 beds, including 60 intensive-care beds, 10 of which are in the pediatric IC unit and 23 in the neonatology IC unit
- 26 operating rooms
- 27,436 admissions
- 194,934 nursing days
- 22,722 day treatments
- 453,908 outpatient consultations
- 7,593 employees
Maastricht UMC+ has three core tasks: healthcare, scientific research and education. The '+' in the name refers to the special focus towards prevention and health promotion. Maastricht UMC+ has four profile areas, these are:
- Maastricht UMC+ is the only center in the Netherlands where preimplantion genetic diagnosis may be carried out. This is a technique to prevent severe genetic disorders in unborn children. preimplantation genetic diagnosis can be performed for several genetic disorders, including Huntinton's disease, cystic fibrosis and heridetary breast and ovarian cancer.
- (NFU), De Nederlandse Federatie van Universitair Medische Centra. "English | About the NFU | NFU". NFU (in Dutch). Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- UMC+, Maastricht (2014-02-05). "Key figures". Maastricht UMC+. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- UMC+, Maastricht. "Maastricht UMC+". www.pgdnederland.nl. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- "Homepage | Maastro". www.maastro.nl. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
|This article about a Dutch building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a hospital in Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|