|Acel Van Ommen|
|Birth name||Maria Cecilia Beronilla Bisa|
|Born||August 28, 1976|
Maria Cecilia Beronilla Bisa, also known as Acel Bisa (her maiden name), is a singer and songwriter from the Philippines.
She is most popular for performing the song Torete with her former band Moonstar 88. But as a solo artist, she has been also become famous for singing the English version of One Love, the theme song to the hit Korean television drama Spring Waltz.
In 2007 Acel released her first album as a solo artist entitled Silver Lining. A ten-track album featuring songs Laugh and Cry, Pakiusap, Sa Ngalan Ng Pag-Ibig, and Silver Lining among others.
Acel has also contributed her original compositions to soundtracks of Philippine prime-time television shows My Girl (for her song Gulo, Hilo, Lito) and Rounin (for her song Sa Ngalan Ng Pag-Ibig). She contributed the song "I Believe" to the album Captured of the singer Christian Bautista. She has also worked with the band Gish while in 2011, she co-wrote the song “Palawan” with Yeng Constantino. She collaborated with the group Sesa and the artist Emmanuelle Vera. Acel released the EP Hello to Heaven, which included the single "Liliwanag".
From 1999 to 2004, Acel was the front-woman for the popular band Moonstar 88. During her five years with theband she released two studio albums (Popcorn in 2001 and Press to Play in 2002) producing highly acclaimed songs Torete, Sulat, Sa Langit, and Fall On Me. Before her departure from the band in 2004 Acel worked with Maychelle Baay for several weeks to transition her into replacing her for the spot of lead vocalist.
Before her time with Moonstar 88, Acel was part of the band Orphan Lily from 1995 to 1998. Together with Terence Tevez, Jeff Lima, and Paolo Bernaldo, they released a self-titled album with their hit single No Reason and was awarded NU107's Best New Artist award at the 1998 NU107 Rock Awards.
- 2015 - "Who Would Have Thought? Finding Identity, Love, and Purpose in Unexpected Moments" (first published book of Acel with 8 original songs downloadable in the book)
- 2012 - "Hello To Heaven" 6 track original compositions light CD
- 2008 - Silver Lining by Acel van Ommen (her debut album as a solo-artist)
- 2008 - My Girl (for her song Gulo, Hilo, Lito with various artists including Sam Milby, Richard Poon and Yeng Constantino)
- 2008 - Spring Waltz (for her song One Love - English Version)
- 2007 - Rounin OST (with various artists including Bamboo and Kitchie Nadal)
- 2002 - Press to Play by Moonstar 88
- 2001 - Popcorn by Moonstar 88
- 1998 - Orphan Lily (self-titled album of her former band Orphan Lily)
Acel was born on August 28, 1976 as Maria Cecilia B. Bisa to university professors Simplicio and Paulina Bisa.
In 2004 she married her friend Danny van Ommen. After four years of marriage, she gave birth to her son Nikolai Tashi in July 2008.
- Biography on the Official Website, (accessed January 21, 2015).
- Caruncho, Eric S. (September 30, 2007). "Acel goes online and in tune". Inquirer.net.
- Souncdadvice (October 20, 2007). "Four ladies and a Prince". Philstar.com. (reporter).
- Almo, Nerisa (September 16, 2007). "Singer-songwriter Acel introduces her new music digitally". pep.ph. Philippine Entertainment Portal.
- Almo, Nerisa (July 18, 2008). "Christian Bautista releases all-original album "Captured"". pep.ph. Philippine Entertainment Portal.
- Listing of the EP on the artist website, (accessed January 21, 2015).