Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Michael Mackenzie|
|Produced by||Ziad Touma
|Written by||Dana Schoel
|Starring||Jesse Aaron Dwyre
|Music by||Benoit Charest|
|Edited by||Arthur Tarnowski|
|October 17, 2008|
Adam's Wall is a Canadian film released in Montreal on October 17, 2008. The film is directed by Michael Mackenzie, who also co-wrote the film with Dana Schoel and produced by Ziad Touma of Couzin Films and by Olivier Sirois. The film's original music is composed by Benoît Charest.
The cast stars Jesse Aaron Dwyre as Adam Levy, Flavia Bechara as Yasmine Gibran, Paul Ahmarani as Najeeb Gibran, Gabriel Gascon as Rabbi Levy, Tyrone Benskin as Mostafa and Maxim Roy as Christine. Younger Adam is played by Kyler Nesrallah.
In Montreal’s Mile End, Adam Levy, a Jewish teenager, falls in love with Yasmine Gibran, a Lebanese girl… On his way to audition for music school, Adam meets Yasmine, who is participating in a student protest. When the demonstration gets out of hand, they are thrown together in the rush to evacuate the school. He might have missed his audition, but instead he’s met the girl of his dreams! Adam, handsome and shy, and Yasmine, exquisite and passionate, are instantly drawn to one another.
Their love grows, but complications arise. Adam fears that his orthodox Rabbi grandfather, who he’s lived with since his parents were killed in Israel, will stop at nothing to end his relationship with “the Arab girl”. The renewed conflict in the Middle East feels closer and closer to home, as Yasmine’s life dives into a tailspin when she learns that her mother has gone missing in bombarded Beirut. The young lovers’ fight to stay together proves more difficult by the day. The deeper they fall for each other, the more their families feel betrayed.
- Jesse Aaron Dwyre as Adam Levy
- Flavia Bechara as Yasmine Gibran
- Paul Ahmarani as Najeeb Gibran
- Maxim Roy as Christine
- Gabriel Gascon as Rabbi Levy
- Tyrone Benskin as Mostafa
- Kyler Nesrallah as Young Adam
- Malcolm Travis as Avrum Levy
- Leni Parker as Anita Levy
- Neil Kroetsch as Arab-Israeli Driver
- Patrick Sabongui as Kamal
- Oury Ezerzer as Hassidic Settler
- Stephen Spreekmeester as Hassidic Settler
- Ya'Acov Bauer as Jewish Orthodox Man
- Ferelith Young as Protest Organizer
- Information provided by Couzin Films production company, October 2008
- Official film website[permanent dead link]
- Adam's Wall on Internet Movie Database
- Couzin Films website (producer)[permanent dead link]
|This article related to a Canadian film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|