|Founded||London, U.K. (2008 )|
|Founder||Victor Malachard, Paul Childs, Wesley Biggs|
byyd (formerly Adfonic) was a mobile advertising buying platform that gave advertisers and agencies access to global mobile web and app inventory. It filed for administration in April 2016  and ceased trading a month later.
The company was founded in 2008 by Victor Malachard, Paul Childs and Wesley Biggs, and the service launched in July 2009. It secured funding in 2010 and 2011, and in April 2011 was the only mobile advertising company to make the final Telegraph Tech Start Up 100 list. In December 2011, the company won 'Angel or VC-Backed Business of the Year' at the Startups Awards.
In October 2012, it released its mobile Demand-side Platform (DSP) called Madison.
In March 2014 the company changed its name from Adfonic to byyd [sic]. As part of the rebrand, the company structured its areas of business around two offerings: software as a service solution byyd pro; and byyd media, a managed solution for planning and executing mobile ad campaigns. 
- "UK mobile ad tech specialist Byyd files for administration". The Drum. 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- "Byyd administrators fail to find buyer". The Drum. 2016-05-21. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- "Adfonic Launches Mobile Ad Exchange". Mobile Marketing Magazine. 2014-03-27. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "Mobile ads marketplace Adfonic pulls in more personnel and cash | TechCrunch". Eu.techcrunch.com. 2010-09-10. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
-  Archived November 28, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Start-Up 100 (2011-04-05). "Start-Up 100: A-Z". Telegraph. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- Startups, The. "Angel/VC-backed Business of the Year 2011 - Startups Awards by Startups.co.uk: Start up a successful business". Startups.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2013-05-28. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- Adfonic October 30, 2012 6:00 AM (2012-10-30). "Adfonic Introduces Madison, the Smarter Mobile DSP - Yahoo Finance". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "Adfonic Rebranded as byyd NetworkRoundUp". Networkroundup.com. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "Adapting to Change". Mobile Marketing Magazine. 2014-03-27. Archived from the original on 2014-03-31. Retrieved 2014-03-31.
- "Adfonic rebrands to byyd to emphasise its mobile DSPGoMo News". Gomonews.com. Retrieved 2014-03-31.