(Redirected from Algar (disambiguation))
Algar can mean:
- Algar, Cádiz, a city in Andalusia, Spain
- Algar, India, a settlement in Uttara Kannada district, Karnataka, India
- Algar de Mesa, a municipality in the province of Guadalajara, Castile-La Mancha, Spain
- Algar de Palancia, a municipality in the comarca of Camp de Morvedre in the Valencian Community, Spain
- Algar do Carvão, an ancient lava tube or volcanic vent in the center of the island of Terceira in the Azores
- Bnied Al-Gar, a suburb of Kuwait City
- Ben Algar, an English footballer, who currently plays for F.C. New York
- Hamid Algar, a British-American Professor Emeritus of Persian Studies at the University of California
- James Algar, an American film director, screenwriter, and producer
- Luis Herrero-Tejedor Algar, a Spanish politician and Member of the European Parliament
- Michael Algar, aka Olga, an English guitarist and singer and songwriter
- Algar Howard, a long-serving officer of arms at the College of Arms in London
- Algars Kirkis, a Soviet luger who competed during the late 1970s
- Ælfgar of Selwood, or Algar, a saint venerated at a chapel in Somerset, England
- Algar (thane), one of only twenty Saxon thanes in Devonshire who survived the Norman Conquest in 1066 and retained their antiquated high status as thanes under the new Norman King from whom, according to the Domesday Book he held two manors as tenant-in-chief called Chenudestane and Chenuestan (with the probable meaning 'Canute Stone'), at today's Knowstone, South Molton in North Devon. See also Brictric, son of Algar.
- Algar Telecom, a Brazilian telecommunications company
- Algar-Flynn-Oyamada reaction, a chemical reaction whereby a chalcone undergoes an oxidative cyclization to form a flavonol
- Ælfgar (disambiguation)
- Thorn, Caroline & Frank, (eds.) Domesday Book, (Morris, John, gen. ed.) Vol. 9, Devon, Parts 1 & 2, Phillimore Press, Chichester 1985, part 1, 52:-53: Colwin, Godric, Godwin, Odo, Aldred, Alward, Ansgot, Dunn, Alnoth, Alwin, Edwin, Ulf, Algar, Alric, Aelfric, Leofric, Saewulf, Aelfeva, Alfhild, Godiva
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Algar.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.