|Industry||Computer Security, Computer Software|
|Founder||Julio Casal, Dominique Karg, Alberto Roman|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California (US) and Madrid, Spain|
|Barmak Meftah, CEO; Roger Thornton, CTO; Jaime Blasco, Chief Scientist|
Number of employees
AlienVault is a developer of commercial and open source solutions to manage cyber attacks, including the Open Threat Exchange, the world's largest crowd-sourced computer-security platform with more than 26,000 participants in 140 countries that share more than one million potential threats daily. The company has raised $116 million since it was founded in 2007. In 2015, AlienVault researchers released a study disclosing that Chinese hackers were circumventing popular privacy tools.
In addition to their free products, AlienVault offers a paid security platform, called Unified Security Management, that integrates threat detection, incident response, and compliance management into one solution. Threat applications are offered via hardware, virtual machines, and as a cloud service.
The Open Threat Exchange (OTX), which is free, enables security experts to research and collaborate on new threats, better compare data and integrate threat information into their security systems. A big data platform, OTX leverages natural language processing and machine learning.
In June 2015, AlienVault Chief Scientist Jaime Blasco released a report saying that Chinese hackers found a way to circumvent both virtual private networks (VPNs), and Tor, anonymity software that hides a computer’s location by routing its requests through a series of Internet Service Providers.
In August 2015, the firm raised $52 million to expand its security business. The round was led by Institutional Venture Partners and included GGV Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Trident Capital, and Caufield and Byers.
In 2017 AlienVault won the "BEST CLOUD COMPUTING SECURITY SOLUTION" for EMEA presented by SC Magazine uk 
In 2015, AlienVault won the "Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Solution of the Year" presented by The Computing Security Awards.
In 2014, AlienVault was nominated for “Best SMB Security Product” and Jaime Blasco, Director of AlienVault Labs, was nominated for “Technology Hero of the Year” by V3, a technology industry publication.
- Miller, Ron (19 August 2015). "AlienVault Secures $52M Round With Eye Toward IPO". TechCrunch. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Raywood, Dan (24 April 2015). "HP partner with AlienVault on Cyber Threat-Sharing Initiative". ITPortal.com. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Barker, Ian (August 2015). "Open Threat Exchange brings a community approach to fighting attacks". betanews. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "AlienVault". Crunchbase.com. Crunchbase. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Perloth, Nicole (12 June 2015). "Chinese Hackers Circumvent Popular Web Privacy Tools". New York Times. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Kepes, Ben (19 August 2015). "AlienVault picks up $52M to secure all the things". ComputerWorld. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Kerner, Sean (19 August 2015). "AlienVault Raises $52M to Grow Its Security Business". eWeek. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Kerner, Sean (20 February 2014). "AlienVault Advances Open-Source SIEM". eWeek. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "Dominique Karg". SourceForge. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "Julio Casal". SourceForge. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "Alberto Román". SourceForge. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Cohan, Peter (7 August 2012). "AlienVault is Catching the Internet Security Wave". Forbes.com. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Dunn, John (17 January 2012). "AlienVault grabs entire management team from HP division". Techworld. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Neal, David (13 May 2015). "Intel and AlienVault partner on real-time threat information sharing". The Inquirer. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- Ashford, Warwick (15 June 2015). "Chinese hackers are by-passing web privacy tools, say researchers". Computer Weekly. Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "SC Magazine uk".
- "The Computing Security Awards 2015". ComputingSecurityAwards.co.uk. Computing Security. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Bennet, Madeline. "V3 announces winners of Technology Awards 2014". v3.co.uk. V3. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Scarfone, Karen (September 2015). "Comparing the best SIEM systems on the market". TechTarget. Retrieved 8 November 2015.