This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Kinzie Hotel (formerly the Amalfi Hotel Chicago) is a 215-room boutique-style hotel, located near the corner of State Street and Kinzie Street, in the River North District, in downtown Chicago, Illinois, United States, within walking distance of the Chicago Loop.
Kinzie Hotel, which occupies the first six floors of the 17-story Dearborn Plaza, 20 W. Kinzie St., opened to the public on as Amalfi Hotel Chicago on February 3, 2004. Kinzie Street Hotel Investors LLC, a group that included representatives of the Cataldo family, Jupiter Realty Corp. and the Joel Stone Family of Stone-Levy LLC, invested $6 million to remake the property, which had previously been the 10 West Hotel in Chicago. Hostmark Hospitality was selected as the management company for the hotel.
The Amalfi was designed by Robert J. Cataldo, Hostmark Hospitality Group's President and Chief Operating Officer.
In June 2007, Kinzie Street Hotel Investor group sold the property to Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors LLC, the current owner of the hotel. Cornerstone was retained by Hostmark Hospitality Group as the management company for the Amalfi.
In February 2014 following a multimillion-dollar renovation, Amalfi Hotel Chicago was rebranded and became Kinzie Hotel. Managed by Portfolio Hotels & Resorts, the newly refurbished hotel was designed by Gettys Design Group, Chicago, and pays tribute to John Kinzie, prominently recognized as Chicago's first civilian. The hotel has 210 guest rooms, 5 suites, and over 1500 square feet of meeting space featuring decor that speaks to the local Chicago landscape.
Hostmark Hospitality is an independent hotel management firm based in Schaumburg, Illinois.
- Novogrod, Nancy and Finamore, Roy. “The Best of 2006: The World’s Greatest Hotels, Resorts, and Spas". New York: American Express Publishing Corporation, 2006. 43
- Wisecarber, Kelly. “Chicago’s Amalfi Hotel Gift Wraps Guests This Holiday Season.” Sage Marketing & Public Relations
- Bergen, Kathy. “Hotels: Property Was Housing for Airline Crews.” Chicago Tribune 2 Feb. 204: No. 31. Section 4
- http://www.portfoliohotels.com/contact-us/our-location. Missing or empty
- "Bergen, Kathy. "Hostmark Hospitality Group Rooms Out the Amalfi; A 215-room Retrofitted Boutique Hotel in Chicago" Chicago Tribune/Tribune Business News. 3 Feb. 2004".