Among the Great Apes with Michelle Yeoh
|Among the Great Apes with Michelle Yeoh|
|Directed by||Harun Rahman
|Produced by||Lara Ariffin
|Written by||Kathryn Pasternak|
|Music by||Farul Farid|
|Cinematography||Brad Dillon, Harun Rahman, Wong Chin Hor|
|Edited by||Daniel Sheire|
Among the Great Apes with Michelle Yeoh is a 2009 documentary film made by National Geographic in cooperation with FINAS (National Film Development Corporation Malaysia). The film is notable for showing how the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre (also known as Sepilok Orang Utan Sanctuary) in Sabah is fighting for the survival and well-being of each ape. The film was broadcast internationally and presented at the Eco-Knights Film Festival 2011.
In the documentary, Michelle Yeoh visits her adopted orangutan in her home country Malaysia and studies for three weeks what is done to sustain the long-term population of this endangered species. Guided by Dr Cecilia Boklin, Yeoh takes part in all activities; she is filmed nurturing an orphaned suckling orangutan.
- Best Natural History or Wildlife Programme or Docu-drama, Asian Television Awards 2010
- Best Environmental/Tourism Documentary, Malaysian Documentary Awards 2010
- "Among the Great Apes with Michelle Yeoh". Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "Among the Great Apes: Datuk Michelle Yeoh visits the Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre to get up close and personal with her adopted orang utan". Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "Malaysian superstar Michelle Yeoh returns home to Malaysia to see her adopted Orangutan for the first time". Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "Michelle joined the film crew and workers at the Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre for three weeks". Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- ""It was an amazing experience," Yeoh enthused. "It's impossible not to fall in love with them". Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- "the best wildlife documentary at the 2010 Asian Television Awards and best wildlife film at the 2010 Malaysia Documentary Film Festival". Retrieved 2011-12-15.