Andy Wilson (footballer)
|Full name||Andrew Wilson|
|Date of birth||27 September 1940|
|Place of birth||Rotherham, England|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Andrew "Andy" Wilson (born 27 September 1940) is an English former professional footballer who scored 28 goals from 229 goals in the Football League. A winger, he played for Sheffield United, Scunthorpe United, Doncaster Rovers, Chesterfield and Aldershot.
Wilson was born in Rotherham, Yorkshire. He began his career in the Football League with Sheffield United, joining Scunthorpe United of the Fourth Division in June 1961. He stayed with the club for four seasons, and played more than 100 games, before moving to Doncaster Rovers in 1965 on a free transfer. After a year he moved on to Chesterfield, and after a further two years signed for Aldershot. In 1969 he dropped into non-League football with Boston United.
- Basson, Stuart (11 December 2010). "Chesterfield FC: Football League players, 1921 to 2010" (EXCEL SPREADSHEET). Chesterfield F.C. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- "Andy Wilson". UK A–Z Transfers. Neil Brown. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- Norton, Michael (17 June 2007). "The Iron Alphabet: St–Y". Scunthorpe United F.C. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- "Season 1969/70 – Statistics". Boston United FC. Ken Fox. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- League stats at Neil Brown's site
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a midfielder born in the 1940s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|