Annales de Géographie
Cover of the first issue
|First edition: 15 October 1891|
Armand Colin (France)
The Annales de Géographie is a French journal devoted to geography, first published in 1891. From the start the journal was an influential and respected academic journal.
The Annales de Géographie was founded in 1891 by Paul Vidal de La Blache (1845–1918). It was published by Armand Colin from the first edition until the present. From 1893 to 1915 the journal contained a yearly Bibliographie de l'année (Bibliography of the Year). Until 1946 the title on the cover was Annales de géographie, Bulletin de la Société de géographie. With volume 282 (April/May 1941) the journal absorbed the society's La Géographie (1900). It did not appear in 1944. The Société de géographie's bulletin was published independently from 1947 under the title Acta geographica.
The Annales de Géographie became an influential academic journal that promoted the concept of human geography as the study of man and his relationship to his environment. Vidal de la Blache's pupil Albert Demangeon was deeply influenced by his emphasis on the importance of historical influences in the study of geography, and went on the become France's leading French academic in the field of human geography. Demangeon was one of the directors of the journal by 1927. The journal takes a general view of geography, discussing the different aspects and approaches. It also publishes relevant articles on related subjects including ecology, history, economics and law.
- 1891–1918 Paul Vidal de La Blache (1845–1918)
- 1891–1895 Marcel Dubois (1856–1916)
- 1896–1926 Emmanuel de Margerie (1862–1953).
- 1897–1919 Louis Raveneau (1865–1937)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Annales de géographie.|
- "Annales de géographie", BnF: Bibliotheque nationale de France, retrieved 2017-07-24
- "Annales de Géographie", JSTOR, retrieved 2017-07-23
- Friedman, Susan W. (2004-11-11), Marc Bloch, Sociology and Geography: Encountering Changing Disciplines, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 978-0-521-61215-9, retrieved 2017-07-01
- Knox, Paul L.; Marston, Sallie A. (2015), Human Geography
- Wolff, Denis, "Albert Demangeon", Hypergeo, retrieved 2017-06-30