Pathogens and Global Health
Pathogens and Global Health is a peer-reviewed medical journal published by Maney Publishing. It covers tropical diseases, including their microbiology, epidemiology and molecular biology, as well as medical entomology, HIV/AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis. The editor-in-chief is Andrea Crisanti (Imperial College London).
The journal was established by Sir Ronald Ross in 1906 as Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology to share the results of the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine's research and field expeditions. In May 2011, the journal was purchased by Maney Publishing, obtaining its current title in 2012, reflecting a broader focus including the biology, immunology, genetics, treatment, and control of pathogens of medical relevance beyond a regional definition.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- BIOSIS Previews
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Elsevier BIOBASE/Current Awareness in Biological Sciences
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- Science Citation Index
- Tropical Diseases Bulletin
- The Zoological Record
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2015-03-22.
- "Pathogens and Global Health". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2015-03-22.
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 2015-03-22.
- "Pathogens and Global Health". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.