Archibald Kennedy, 8th Marquess of Ailsa
The Marquess of Ailsa is the hereditary Clan Chief of Clan Kennedy. All of the Marquesses are descendant from Anne Watts, mother of Archibald Kennedy, 1st Marquess of Ailsa and descendant of the Schuyler family, the Van Cortlandt family (including Stephanus Van Cortlandt), and the Delancey family of British North America. The title is derived from the island of Ailsa Craig in the Firth of Clyde, which is owned by the family. In 2011, the Marquess put up the island for sale. As of March 2013, the asking price is offers over £1,500,000.
Kennedy succeeded to the titles of 19th Earl of Cassilis, 21st Lord Kennedy, 8th Marquess of Ailsa & 8th Baron Ailsa on 7 April 1994 after the death of his father. Upon his death, he was succeeded by his brother, David Kennedy, 9th Marquess of Ailsa (b. 1958). The 9th Marquess' heir apparent is his son Archibald David Kennedy (born 1995).
In 1979, Lord Ailsa married Dawn Leslie Anne Keen. Together, they had two children:
- Lady Rosemary Margaret Kennedy (b. 1979)
- Lady Alicia-Jane Lesley Kennedy (b. 1981)
|Ancestors of Archibald Kennedy, 8th Marquess of Ailsa|
- "- Person Page 2565". thepeerage.com.
- [permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 February 2011. Retrieved 2010-11-16.
- "Google Groups". google.com.
- Slamdot, Inc. "COSCA: Council of Scottish Clans & Associations - Ceud Mìle Fàilte". cosca.scot.
- "Obituary: Archibald Angus Charles Kennedy, 8th Marquess of Ailsa". scotsman.com.
- Davison, Phil. "The 8th Marquess of Ailsa (obituary)". Retrieved 20 January 2015.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Archibald Kennedy, 8th Marquess of Ailsa
- Archibald Kennedy, 8th Marquess of Ailsa
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|Marquess of Ailsa
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Earl of Cassilis
|This biography of a marquess in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|