Arthur R. Taylor
Arthur Robert Taylor (July 6, 1935 – December 3, 2015) was an American businessman.
Taylor was born in Elizabeth, New Jersey. He was a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Brown University. He began his corporate career with the First Boston Corporation. He was later Vice President Finance and Executive Vice President of International Paper Company. He was president of CBS from 1972 until 1976. He then founded Arthur Taylor & Company, a private investment concern. In 1985, Fordham University named him dean of its Graduate School of Business Administration. Taylor also served as president of Muhlenberg College for a decade (1992–2002), during which Muhlenberg tripled its endowment, halved its debt, and saw a significant rise in admissions selectivity. The College is now among the top 80 liberal arts colleges in the nation in terms of selectivity and acceptance rate. He was a former member of the Steering Committee of the Bilderberg Group.
He was married to Kathryn Pelgrift Taylor. Arthur Taylor died on December 3, 2015 from pulmonary failure in Salisbury Township, Pennsylvania.
- Palochko, Jacqueline (December 4, 2015). "Former Muhlenberg College leader dies". The Morning Call. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- Sally Bedell Smith, In All His Glory: The Life and Times of William S. Paley and the Birth of Modern Broadcasting, New York: Random House, 2002, p. 232.
- "Banker Fills Fordham Post". New York Times. November 17, 1985. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "Muhlenberg mourns the loss of Arthur Taylor, the 10th President of Muhlenberg College". Muhlenberg College. December 4, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "Former Steering Committee Members". bilderbergmeetings.org. Bilderberg Group. Archived from the original on 2014-02-02. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Roberts, Sam (December 9, 2015). "Arthur R. Taylor, Ex-CBS President Who Sold Yankees to Steinbrenner, Dies at 80". New York Times. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
Charles Thomas Ireland, Jr.
|President of CBS, Inc.
John D. Backe
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|